Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add an inline-reviewable file to a review after it's started?

erinyarasheski December 19, 2017

Fisheye and Crucible 4.5.1 with BitBucket.

I'm trying to add a file from a repository to an existing review. I'm the review author. I'm able to EditDetails > AddContent and add the file. But when I click on the file, it's not reviewable. Instead it's download-only.

enter image description here

I want the file to be reviewable with inline comments for all reviewers, like the files that were originally added to the review.

Does anyone know how to make that happen?

2 answers

0 votes
erinyarasheski January 5, 2018

Hi Themis, 

Thank you for your response - this sounds like just what we need, but we are working with .sql files.  I confirmed that the text/plain field in raw-mime.types contains the extension, but we're still seeing the diff issues.

We are using a trial version of Fisheye - is the functionality that uses raw-mime.types perhaps disabled or something?

Thanks,

Erin

Themis
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 8, 2018

Hi Erin,

The trial version has the exact same functionality as a licensed one, so that shouldn't be the problem in your case.

I tried adding .sql files to a review (for Fisheye v. 4.5) and it works for me both as a changeset addition, and as a direct upload of an attachment.

One other thing worth checking is the size of your file - does it happen to be > 100 kB? In that case, it may not be rendered inline. 

You can read some documentation on filesize limitation at https://confluence.atlassian.com/fisheye/text-file-size-limiting-298976914.html.

Let me know if this helps!

Best,

Themis

erinyarasheski January 8, 2018

Thank you again, Themis.   One of the files that's only download-able is just 6KB, so it's not the file size.

Some of the added files are fine, others are not.  We think it's an encoding issue with Bitbucket Cloud.  New files that are saved as UTF-8 and added seem to diff OK.

However, even if I delete one of our trouble files from the review and the repo, then reopen one of our trouble files, save it as UTF-8, upload it to the repo, then re-add it to the review it *still* shows up as download only.

Do those details help at all?

Thanks, 
Erin

0 votes
Themis
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 5, 2018

Hi Erin,

Adding a file to a Crucible review after the review started, should behave the same way as if it were added when you start a review.

One reason why the file you added appears as download-only, and not allowing inline reviews could be due to the file type. Crucible recognizes specific file-extensions as text, where as files that don't conform to those extensions are treated as binary and those would appear as download only in the review.

The default supported extensions are:

asc ascx asmx asa asax ashx axd config txt java jsp asp aspx cs idl cpp cxx c h pl pod py sh awk sed sql jspf tag xaml frm vb browser master csproj vbproj sitemap

If this is the case with the file you are trying to add, you can tell Crucible to recognize it as text by following the steps below:

1. Locate your Fisheye/Crucible installation directory: FISHEYE_INSTALL

2. Locate the file FISHEYE_INSTALL/raw-mime.types file

3. In the file, there is a field called "text/plain", followed by the recognized extensions
  4. Add the extension to your file in that list
  5. Restart fisheye/crucible.

Let me know if this solves your issue!

Best,

Themis

Michelle Richmond December 8, 2022

I'm having the same problem.  Trying to add a linker file (.ld) to a review.  I have modified my raw-mime.types file and restarted crucible, but when I try to add .ld from Explore Repositories, the gui will not show the .ld file on the right side of the dialog - so I can't select it.

If I try to add a file using 'Search' the .ld files show up and can be selected.  

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events