Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How synchronise directory in Fisheye programmatically and receive the information about completion?

Ruzilya Saubanova January 15, 2018

Hello.

I use Fisheye and Crucible 4.5.1 and I am writing plugin for them.

I want to synchronize the directory forcibly. I use the following method for that in my plugin:

com.atlassian.crowd.manager.directory.DirectoryManager.synchroniseCache(dirId, SynchronisationMode.INCREMENTAL, true); 

And this works, nessesary directory is synchronised. But I use "true" for the third parameter here. According to https://docs.atlassian.com/atlassian-crowd/2.9.5/com/atlassian/crowd/manager/directory/DirectoryManager.html#synchroniseCache-long-com.atlassian.crowd.manager.directory.SynchronisationMode-boolean- that means that "the synchronise will happen asynchronously".

I do not need to synchronise in background. In other word I need wait, while directory synchronisation is complete and only then do me next activities.

The problem is that when I use "false" instead of "true" the "synchroniseCache" method not work. I recive SocketTimeoutException, directory is not synchronized.

I use "DirectoryManager.synchroniseCache" with "false" in my Jira and Confluence plugins. It works here, directories are synchronised.

Is there some bug in Fisheye\Crucible or do I do something wrong?

How can I synchronize the directory to receive the information that synchronisation is complete?

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events