How do I show whitespace (tabs, spaces) in a crucible review?

Chris Monkiewicz April 27, 2014

I would like to be able to see whitespace during a code review in Crucible similar to Visual Studio's Ctrl-R, CTRL-W. Is there a way to turn it on?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Piotr Swiecicki
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 27, 2014

Hi Chris,

There is no option to show tab or space marks in FishEye, but you can control which whitespace should be displayed or hidden in review. Just click on the View link and pick up the option of your choice, see:

Chris Monkiewicz April 27, 2014

Yeah, that's not what I want. People are sloppy sometimes and mix tabs and spaces. That's easy to spot when I'm reviewing changesets in TortoiseHg for example (or a decent diff viewer), but not possible in Crucible.

Is that a feature that could be requested?

By the way, what is the definition of "insiginificant whitespace"?

Like Ed likes this
Piotr Swiecicki
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 28, 2014

I think this is the feature request you are looking for https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CRUC-189

Feel free to watch it and vote for it, for now it doesn't seem to be a highly demanded feature, only one vote so far.

Regarding the meaning of insignificant whitespace it basically ignores amount of whitespaces if it is selected.

Hope that helps,
Piotr

Chris Monkiewicz April 28, 2014

Dziękuję bardzo!

Piotr Swiecicki
Atlassian Team
April 28, 2014

Nie ma za co :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events