I'm trying to install/configure FishEye as per the instructions on Atlassian's website, but either the web server for the install doesn't start properly (and I see multiple exception message in the command window), or I get a 503 Response code when I try to access the installation link.
How can I get past this?
(answer forthcoming, logging for reference...)
The [installation instructions] currently aren't clear, especially on a Windows environment.
Here's what you need to do (in my case on a Windows system).
1. Extract the fisheye archive to the directory where you're intending to run Fisheye from. (on my system, I made this <drive>:\Atlassian\FishEye).
2. Create a directory for your data. (I made this <drive>:\Application Data\FishEye)
3. Create an environment variable (Window System Variable) named 'FISHEYE_INST' and set it to the path you created in Step 2. ('INST' in this case means *instance* and not *installation folder*.
4. Copy the 'config.xml' file from <extracted_archive> to your FISHEYE_INST folder.
4. Open a command prompt and run the <extracted archive>\bin\run.bat file. (ie <drive>:\Atlassian\FishEye\bin\run.bat).
- The online documentation is a little misleading at this point. They indicate that you run 'start.bat', which won't work (or at least, it wouldn't work for me...)
6. Open a browser and point it to 'http://localhost:8060'.
Following the steps above let me get FishEye up and running without any further issues.
Hello Insight users, As part of our (Mindville's) acquisition by Atlassian, our training team is looking to build some new Insight training materials. It would really helpful if you can ...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event