I'm trying to install/configure FishEye as per the instructions on Atlassian's website, but either the web server for the install doesn't start properly (and I see multiple exception message in the command window), or I get a 503 Response code when I try to access the installation link.
How can I get past this?
(answer forthcoming, logging for reference...)
The [installation instructions] currently aren't clear, especially on a Windows environment.
Here's what you need to do (in my case on a Windows system).
1. Extract the fisheye archive to the directory where you're intending to run Fisheye from. (on my system, I made this <drive>:\Atlassian\FishEye).
2. Create a directory for your data. (I made this <drive>:\Application Data\FishEye)
3. Create an environment variable (Window System Variable) named 'FISHEYE_INST' and set it to the path you created in Step 2. ('INST' in this case means *instance* and not *installation folder*.
4. Copy the 'config.xml' file from <extracted_archive> to your FISHEYE_INST folder.
4. Open a command prompt and run the <extracted archive>\bin\run.bat file. (ie <drive>:\Atlassian\FishEye\bin\run.bat).
- The online documentation is a little misleading at this point. They indicate that you run 'start.bat', which won't work (or at least, it wouldn't work for me...)
6. Open a browser and point it to 'http://localhost:8060'.
Following the steps above let me get FishEye up and running without any further issues.
I'm John Allspaw, co-founder of Adaptive Capacity Labs, where we help teams use their incidents to learn and improve. We bring research-driven methods and approaches to drive effective inciden...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG