Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I change the database connection for an existing (but moved) database?

tanja3981 February 18, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Migrating to an external database

We are using a database for some time now. However, our database team migrated the database to another server now, and we need to update the connection string in crucible. Where can I do that without having a migration taking place?

(We are using an oracle datbase, if that matters...)

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
gustavo_refosco
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 19, 2016

Hi Tanja,

Considering you'll be changing to an existing database already containing data, I'd recommend adjusting the connection string directly in the FISHEYE_INST/config.xml file, due to the bug https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/FE-5389 - because of this bug, if you attempt to change the database URL from the UI, it will actually override the new database with the data contained in the existing one.

Also, to make sure your DB will be in sync with the filesystem, please make sure the application is stopped and both DBs are in sync (since you mentioned this is just a migration, I suppose the DBs contain the same data, so I'm just suggesting to make sure they're in sync before adjusting the connection string).

Still, please consider taking a backup before applying the change.

Regards,

Gustavo Refosco

Alberto Aragón April 8, 2021

Hi Gustavo,

there are two files named config.xml in a Fisheye installation: one in the INSTALLATION directory and another in HOME directory. To change the database URL, you must to modify the file placed in HOME, not the placed in the INSTALLATION directory as you indicated.

Regards.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events