Handling of commit messages with a migrated repository

Sebastian Stautz November 12, 2015

Hi,

my company now has CVS, Fisheye and JIRA and we want to migrate the whole CVS-Repo to Git.

How handles Fisheye/JIRA the existing commit-messages inside the Git-Repo?

• Will Fisheye rescan the whole Git-Repo and connect again all code changes with their issues?
    • We wont abandon the CVS-Repo. It will still been used. If this doesnt work
  • What will haben with smart commits where transitions were used? I fear that a #resolve will change a closed issue to resolve again.

Has someone a link to some tips for this kind for migration? Elsewise ill raise a new question.

Greetings

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
lpater
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 13, 2015

Hi Sebastian,

When you add the new migrated repository it will be indexed by FishEye. Once that's done all the commits that mention JIRA issues will be visible in JIRA when viewing the associated issue, as they were for the CVS repository.

Any commands for smart commits won't be re-executed, as we don't process smart commits during the initial indexing of the repository. Depending on your migration strategy, they might be processed for commits added later on. To be sure they won't be processed, you might want to temporarily disable Smart commits, until the indexing is complete, and then re-enable them

Sebastian Stautz November 15, 2015

Thanks Peter, thats what i was expecting :-) With your answer i found now the corresponding link: https://developer.atlassian.com/fecrudev/tutorials/fisheye-smart-commit-tutorial "Smart commit handlers are not invoked on the initial indexing of a repository, only on an incremental update."

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events