Get list of users sorted by last login or last activity date

I was hoping to see a "last login date" or similar in the list of users in the Fisheye admin panel, but I do not.

Is there a way to use the REST API to get such a a list? If not, what about a raw SQL query (I'm using postgres)?

I'm trying to delete old users from the system, i.e. former employees or employees that do not Fisheye often.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Nick Pellow Atlassian Team Feb 02, 2014

If you have access to the postgress database in use by Crucible, the following:

select cru_user_name, to_timestamp( max(cru_last_viewed)/1000), count(cru_user_name) from cru_recently_visited group by cru_user_name order by max(cru_last_viewed) desc;

Should give you roughly what you need.

It wont give you logins per-se, however will let you know which users recently viewed an 'entity' in FishEye/Crucible. An entity is: a repository, a project, a review or a user page.

You could also consult the cru_login_cookie table to get the last time a login cookie was created for any given user.

Good advice, thanks. The postgres query gave me `ERROR: column "cru_recently_visited.cru_last_viewed" must appear in the GROUP BY clause or be used in an aggregate function`, so I removed the order by part and did the sorting in a script instead.

I ran the query without the order part. Please could you interprete the results I have for me? What are the numerical figures and how do I use them to identify recent logins

1385416048262 | user1

1344284846104 | user2

Nick Pellow Atlassian Team Apr 10, 2014

Those numbers are Unix times: milliseconds since epoch.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Davin Studer
Published yesterday in Confluence

FUME – A Better Confluence User Macro Editor Experience

...\\.title', editorDiv: 'userMacroEditorDiv', isNew: function(){ return AJS.$('#user-macro-form').prop('name') == 'addusermacro' ? true : false; }, editor: null, isDirty...

28 views 0 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot