Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get list of users sorted by last login or last activity date

Jason Ashby
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 30, 2014

I was hoping to see a "last login date" or similar in the list of users in the Fisheye admin panel, but I do not.

Is there a way to use the REST API to get such a a list? If not, what about a raw SQL query (I'm using postgres)?

I'm trying to delete old users from the system, i.e. former employees or employees that do not Fisheye often.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nick
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 2, 2014

If you have access to the postgress database in use by Crucible, the following:

select cru_user_name, to_timestamp( max(cru_last_viewed)/1000), count(cru_user_name) from cru_recently_visited group by cru_user_name order by max(cru_last_viewed) desc;

Should give you roughly what you need.

It wont give you logins per-se, however will let you know which users recently viewed an 'entity' in FishEye/Crucible. An entity is: a repository, a project, a review or a user page.

You could also consult the cru_login_cookie table to get the last time a login cookie was created for any given user.

Jason Ashby
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 2, 2014

Good advice, thanks. The postgres query gave me `ERROR: column "cru_recently_visited.cru_last_viewed" must appear in the GROUP BY clause or be used in an aggregate function`, so I removed the order by part and did the sorting in a script instead.

Dotun O April 10, 2014

Hi,

I ran the query without the order part. Please could you interprete the results I have for me? What are the numerical figures and how do I use them to identify recent logins

1385416048262 | user1

1344284846104 | user2

Nick
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 10, 2014

Those numbers are Unix times: milliseconds since epoch.

0 votes
Caterina Curti
Atlassian Team
June 12, 2018

Hi,

The information about the last login can be retrieved by following the steps / running the query on the following article:

How to query for inactive/idle users in FishEye/ Crucible

This page covers both older and newer (4+) versions of Fisheye.

Cheers,

Caterina - Atlassian

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events