Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fisheye upgrade (Error parsing config.xml) error

Jenin Mohan November 17, 2014

Hi All,

I am trying to upgrade fisheye from 2.9.1 to 3.5.4, I did all the config changes and copied the config.xml file from old fisheye to new one, changing the DB parameters accordingly (created seperate db for new fisheye instance). I am now getting below error in logs while trying to start new fisheye instance:

2014-11-17 06:14:03,396 INFO - loading config from file: /app/share/fisheye/fecru-3.5.4-home/config.xml
2014-11-17 06:14:03,776 ERROR - Errors parsing /app/share/fisheye/fecru-3.5.4-home/config.xml:
2014-11-17 06:14:03,777 ERROR - at line 226: Element 'config@http://www.cenqua.com/fisheye/config-1' with element-only content type cannot have text content.
2014-11-17 06:14:03,778 ERROR - Problem with config file: Error parsing config file (see logs): /app/share/fisheye/fecru-3.5.4-home/config.xml
com.cenqua.fisheye.config.ConfigException: Error parsing config file (see logs): /app/share/fisheye/fecru-3.5.4-home/config.xml
at com.cenqua.fisheye.config.RootConfig.load(RootConfig.java:166)
at com.cenqua.fisheye.ctl.Run.mainImpl(Run.java:112)
at com.cenqua.fisheye.ctl.Run.main(Run.java:56)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:616)
at com.cenqua.fisheye.FishEyeCtl.mainImpl(FishEyeCtl.java:99)
at com.cenqua.fisheye.FishEyeCtl.main(FishEyeCtl.java:42)

Could you please assist me with this?

Thanks and Regards,

Jenin

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

This issue is resolved now. There is a difference in the database parameters in fisheye 2.9.1 and 3.5.4. I retained the fisheye 3.5.4 db parameters format and manually copied the configuration from fisheye 2.9.1 to 3.5.4  into config.xml file. That resolved the issue for me.

Thanks all!

Regards,

Jenin Mohan

1 vote
gustavo_refosco
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 17, 2014

Hi Jenin,

Can you please take a look at https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/FISHKB/FishEye+fails+to+start+up+with+parsing+error+in+config.xml and check if its resolution is helpful? The error message present in this document is similar to yours.

In case it doesn't help, please also give a try validating your XML as insructed at https://confluence.atlassian.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=633439765. Check for any misspelling you could have inserted in case you changed the config.xml manually.

Regards,

Gustavo Refosco

Hi Gustavo, I have validated my xml and it does not found any errors in it. Further, the error on the above link is a bit different. Any suggestion? Regards, Jenin Mohan

0 votes
lpater
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 17, 2014

Hi Jenin,

the error seems to be caused by your <config> element in the config.xml having text content, where it's only expected to contain other elements.

Something like this would trigger the error:

&lt;config version="1.0" control-bind="127.0.0.1:6061"&gt;
NO-TEXT-EXPECTED-HERE
    &lt;web-server&gt;
&lt;/config&gt;

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events