Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fisheye really useful ?

Finn Harsfort December 18, 2011

Hi

We are a small company using JIRA ondemand and Greenhopper agile development.

We are starting a new project and Im looking into Fisheye for integration with version control system. My developers want to use Mercurial, but as far I can see, JIRA ondemand does not integrate to this, but only to Perforce, CVS and Subversion.

We are therefore considering doing version control outside JIRA, but I would like to hear inputs from anybody who could give me the arguments for why we should choose JIRA and Fisheye and potentially subversion instead.

Any good hints you wanna share?

regards,

Finn

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
2nd Act Innovations January 5, 2012

We use Crucible, wich is an extension of Fisheye for code-reviewing and find it irriplaceable. It allows our small group to do our code reviews in our own time, and then meet for bi-weekly group meeting to go over the major findings. This means, that instead ot taking developers out of thier tasks on a frequet basis, then can do reviews, or bits of reviews when time permits. Review requestors are notified of the progress of reviewers, comments, bugs, etc.

Unfortunately, OnDemand does not yet support Mercurial, which we now use. We'de love to switch to this product (as we have 6 developers (soon to be 7-8) and only the starter license of 5 users), even with the monthly cost of $40 (JIRA, Bamboo, Fisheye, Greenhopper... all of which we have starter edt. license.

We are left to wait until Atlassian fixes this oversight (a large portion of developers use Mercurial and Git, I find it strange that this was left out ;)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events