Fisheye is not showing file

Eric Jelinek March 3, 2013

All, I've got a situation where fe is not showing a file, as in I know it is there @HEAD, but it hasn't been touch is say 30k revisions. Now we have a need to make some changes to it and want to see the diff in crucible. The repo is svn.

Eric

5 answers

0 votes
Sergey Svishchev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 1, 2013

I'd set up a copy of this repository (with no exclusions or hidden paths set up) and run a full index.

0 votes
Eric Jelinek March 13, 2013

I can also add that we are currently running version 2.6. I know our ops guys are working on upgrading, any thoughts if that might solve this problem? Is so I can push a little harder on them.

0 votes
Eric Jelinek March 4, 2013

The repo was setup about 3 years ago, when configuring FE and verified now, there is not a 'Start Revision' defined

0 votes
Tom Davies
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 4, 2013

When you set up the repository, did you set a 'Start Revision' (under the advanced setting on the SVN Connection Details page) to exclude the early revisions of your repository from scanning?

0 votes
Felipe Kraemer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 3, 2013

Hi Eric,

If FishEye is not showing the most recent files, there's probably an indexing problem, but a communication problem between FishEye and the repository may be happening as well.

Could you please use the command line on the server where FishEye is installed and try to run this command:

• svn info <repo url here>

This will allow you to check if there are network issues between FishEye and the repository.

Also, if possible, could you please try to re-index the repository from scratch?

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/FISHEYE/Re-indexing+your+repository

Please let us know if this helps.

Eric Jelinek March 4, 2013

svn info returned fine. Yesterday I did do a full re-index and that didn't seem to help. After the re-index though I did find this in the fisheye.out log,

2013-03-04 10:35:34,400 ERROR - Modification found to path/to/file/Attribute.java@30740 with no previous revision

This is odd to me as if I run svn log path/to/file/Attribute.java there are 2 entries, r804 and r4959. Clearly there is a previous revision.

Eric Jelinek April 1, 2013

Our operations guys did a migration and during the migration they upgraded FishEye to the latest and naturally we had to do a new index, we are still experiencing this problem, any other guesses?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events