Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fisheye can't fully index SVN repo

Daria Spencer August 15, 2016

Good day,

I've been struggling with this for a few days now... Every time fisheye gets to about 16% in indexing our local SVN repo, I see this error pop up and of course the indexing in "paused" but since the error is never resolved, it doesn't really even continue:

Recent Errors

DateDescription 
Mon Aug 15 08:55:54 GMT-500 2016Repository paused due to error com.cenqua.fisheye.rep.RepositoryClientException: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Can't overwrite cause with org.tmatesoft.svn.core.SVNException: svn: E175002: Processing REPORT request response failed: Premature end of file. (/!svn/vcc/default) svn: E175002: REPORT request failed on '/!svn/vcc/default' java.lang.IllegalStateException: Can't overwrite cause with org.tmatesoft.svn.core.SVNException: svn: E175002: Processing REPORT request response failed: Premature end of file. (/!svn/vcc/default) svn: E175002: REPORT request failed on '/!svn/vcc/default' org.apache.subversion.javahl.ClientException: svn: E175002: Processing REPORT request response failed: Premature end of file. (/!svn/vcc/default) svn: E175002: REPORT request failed on '/!svn/vcc/default'

Has anybody else seen this happen before? The SVN seems to be decent health itself, I'm able to check things out and commit but Fisheye isn't happy with it somehow. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

2 answers

0 votes
Scott_Ruskamp April 18, 2017

I'm also getting the following error:

Repository paused due to error com.cenqua.fisheye.rep.RepositoryClientException: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Can't overwrite cause with org.tmatesoft.svn.core.SVNException: svn: E175002: Processing REPORT request response failed: Premature end of file. (/!svn/vcc/default) svn: E175002: REPORT request failed on '/!svn/vcc/default' java.lang.IllegalStateException: Can't overwrite cause with org.tmatesoft.svn.core.SVNException: svn: E175002: Processing REPORT request response failed: Premature end of file. (/!svn/vcc/default) svn: E175002: REPORT request failed on '/!svn/vcc/default' org.apache.subversion.javahl.ClientException: svn: E175002: Processing REPORT request response failed: Premature end of file. (/!svn/vcc/default) svn: E175002: REPORT request failed on '/!svn/vcc/default'

Anybody have a solution for this? https://confluence.atlassian.com/fishkb/svn-processing-report-request-response-failed-xml-document-structures-must-start-and-end-within-the-same-entity-298975514.html? Or maybe you have to put Fisheye on the same server as subversion so you can use the file:// protocol?

0 votes
Giuseppe Berellini August 18, 2016

I have a very similar problem:

DateDescription
Fri Aug 19 09:51:07 GMT+200 2016Repository paused due to error com.cenqua.fisheye.rep.RepositoryClientException: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Can't overwrite cause with org.tmatesoft.svn.core.SVNException: svn: E175002: CRLF expected at end of chunk: -1/-1 svn: E175002: REPORT request failed on '/svn/sistema/!svn/vcc/default' java.lang.IllegalStateException: Can't overwrite cause with org.tmatesoft.svn.core.SVNException: svn: E175002: CRLF expected at end of chunk: -1/-1 svn: E175002: REPORT request failed on '/svn/sistema/!svn/vcc/default' org.apache.subversion.javahl.ClientException: svn: E175002: CRLF expected at end of chunk: -1/-1 svn: E175002: REPORT request failed on '/svn/sistema/!svn/vcc/default'

I'm also looking for a solution...

Scott_Ruskamp April 18, 2017
Giuseppe Berellini April 18, 2017

Yes, I finally solved it by increasing the SVN server timeout (it was a directive of Apache web server).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events