Fisheye Error: Could not create the Java Virtual Machine.

Bryan August 6, 2019

I'm trying to get Fisheye up and running on Ubuntu, but I'm getting the following errors:

-Djava.endorsed.dirs=/opt/atlassian/fecru-4.7.1/lib/endorsed is not supported. Endorsed standards and standalone APIs
in modular form will be supported via the concept of upgradeable modules.
Error: Could not create the Java Virtual Machine.
Error: A fatal exception has occurred. Program will exit.

These are the steps that I've done.

I typed `java -version` and got `openjdk version "11.0.4" 2019-07-16`. As far as I know, this is a more up-to-date version than 1.8.x.

I typed `echo $JAVA_HOME` and got `/usr/`. This is the correct directory, as changing it to `/usr/bin/java` gives an error saying that JAVA_HOME is not defined correctly.

I downloaded Fisheye 4.7.1, transferred it to the Ubuntu machine, unzipped it, and moved it to /opt/atlassian.

I made FISHEYE_INST point to a valid directory which is different than where Fisheye is installed.

I copied the 4.7.1 config.xml into the location of FISHEYE_INST.

I then went into the directory where Fisheye was installed and typed `bin/start.sh`. Tailing the log (/home/crucible/fecru_data/var/log/fisheye.out) showed the errors.

`free -m` reveals that there's about a gigabyte of available RAM on the machine. I don't know if that's the cause of this.

Does anyone know what the issue could be?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 9, 2019

Hello Bryan and welcome to the Community!

Thank you for sending over your work so far and reporting the issue you’re having. While OpenJDK 11.0.4 is a newer version than Java 1.8, it is not currently supported. 1.8 will need to be used with the tools in order to be supported and avoid this reported error.

Further information on this may be found at Supported platforms.

Please test with Java or OpenJDK 1.8 and let us know the results.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Bryan August 16, 2019

I'm sorry for the late response.

That was definitely the issue! Fisheye works perfectly fine with Java 1.8. Thank you very much.

Like Stephen Sifers likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events