Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FishEye unable to pull from remote repository

Yuji Ishii July 11, 2012

I'm new in Atlassian and now trying to go through 'Stage5 Install FisyEye of Here Be Dragons'. At step5 FishEye was unable to pull repository from BitBucket with error 'Unknown encoding: windows31'. I cannot see any activity stream on the screen. The locale of my PC is Japanese of Windows7.

I've attached error message(screen shot) for your reference.

I went through all the steps anyway, but could not see activity stream nor changeset as yet.

Regards,

Yuji

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Felipe Cuozzo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 12, 2012

Hi Yuji Ishii,

Can you give a try adding the follow environment variable on your machine:

HGENCODING=UTF-8

This should override the Hg encoding for all operations to be based on UTF-8 instead of the default OS one.

You have to restart FishEye(maybe Windows as well) to pickup the changes.

More documentation about Hg -> http://www.selenic.com/mercurial/hg.1.html#environment-variables

Good luck,
Felipe Cuozzo

Yuji Ishii July 12, 2012

Hi Felipe,

The problem was resolved by setting HGENCODING=UTF8 and FISHEYE_OPTS=-Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 environment variables.

Thanks a lot for your advise.

Regards,

Yuji

Felipe Cuozzo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 15, 2012

Hi Yuji,

I'm glad to hear that. Please accept my answer to close the question ;)

Regards,
Felipe

0 votes
SeanOsawa July 12, 2012

I attach the screenshot on behalf of Mr. Yuji Ishii. He encountered a technical error and could not make it when tried attaching it.

Yuji Ishii July 16, 2012

Hi Felipe,

This might be the fundamental question, but how can I close the question ?

It seems that I need to "accept your answer" to close my question.

But I don't know what it ("accept your answer") means in terms of an actual operation.

Sorry for bothering you.

Regards,

Yuhji

Felipe Cuozzo
Atlassian Team
July 16, 2012

Hey Yuji,

No worries at all, by 'closing the question' I meant 'Accepting the Answer', this will give 'karma' points for both of us ;)

From FAQ:

Under what conditions should a question be 'closed'?

Questions should only be closed for duplicates or spam. If a question is answered, the answer should be accepted.

Cheers,
Felipe

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events