Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FishEye SQL Server "Database not using Unicode" UTF8 encoding.

Jon March 25, 2013

Hi all -

Finished installing FishEye and want to move it off of the hsql database. Is this necessary? Should I do this? I think so, but at the same time I did try to point it to the JIRA database (Sql Server 2008 r2, working)

and get this:

"The database is not using Unicode. FishEye and Crucible require that the database uses a UTF8 encoding to support internalization."

Any help?

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
JohnA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 26, 2013

Hi Jon,

You certainly should migrate off the HSQL database if you are using your FishEye in production because it can become corrupted if the server crashes or their is a problem that interupts it mid-transaction so you should only ever use it for evaluating the products where a database failure is of no consequence. However, for your production instance you should use a dedicated database like the one you are using for JIRA.

What you will find is that your SQL Server houses multiple databases, so you will need to create a new database for FishEye and configure it as described in this document for migrating from your current HSQL database to SQL server: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/FISHEYE/Migrating+to+SQL+Server

All the best,
John

Jon March 26, 2013

Thanks John!

I had missed the instruction on creating a SQL Server DB for FishEye as well. I've since created another database in SQL Server and have that configured. Thank you!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events