Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FishEye/Crucible access control

Jirong Hu March 26, 2015

We have JIRA and Fisheye/Crucible installed on the same server, integrated with SVN. Below is the Fisheye's authentication configurations. Seems it's using JIRA's directory (AD). Now I have a user claiming can't see the SVN repository he's suppose to work on. How shall I figure out the issue?

1. We have jira-users, jira-developers, jira-administrators group created in AD for JIRA user. Now does the user need to be in these groups in order to access Fisheye?
  2. I assume JIRA, Fisheye and SVN are all integrated here. Now where is the control if a user can see a repository in Fisheye?

JIRA/Crowd Authentication    

FishEye - <hostname> - <token> (JIRA with embedded Crowd)
true
false
1 hour
Copy only new users.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
gustavo_refosco
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 26, 2015

Hi Jirong,

Please allow me to answer separately each of your questions:

1. We have jira-users, jira-developers, jira-administrators group created in AD for JIRA user. Now does the user need to be in these groups in order to access Fisheye?

The groups that will be synchronized from JIRA and that will be able to access FishEye will be defined at the JIRA/Crowd Authentication configuration in FishEye. In order to check which groups are being synchronized, go to FishEye Administration > Authentication > JIRA/Crowd Authentication and click to Edit it. In the first screen, click in Next. You will be taken to the group selection screen. Leave on the right panel all the groups from which you want to synchronize users from JIRA, click in Save, and then run a Re-Sync. Users in these groups will have access to FishEye.

It is usual for some customers to have a FishEye license allowing less users than you have in your JIRA instance to be added to FishEye. If this is the case and you want only a subset of JIRA users to be synchronized in FishEye you can just create a group in JIRA (e.g. fisheye-users, the name is actually up to you) and, when to connecting FishEye to JIRA for User Management, with the steps previously mentioned, select only this group to be synched. This way only users that were added to the fisheye-users group in JIRA will be synched and will be able to access FishEye.

2. I assume JIRA, Fisheye and SVN are all integrated here. Now where is the control if a user can see a repository in Fisheye?

The repository you are mentioned is actually probably only added to FishEye (and the integration with JIRA happens through FishEye). In order to define permissions over this repository you can go to FishEye Administration > Repositories, click in the repo's name to open its configuration and go to Permissions. Here you can select the groups that will have access to this repository.

To clarify, I previously mentioned "probably only added to FishEye" because there is a SVN plugin to add repositories directly to JIRA - but as you have JIRA and FishEye integrated, I don't believe this is your case. Please let me know if it is.

Regards,

Gustavo Refosco

Jirong Hu March 26, 2015

Thanks, Refosco. 1. Answers my question who can access to Fisheye. 2. Answers my question on who can see the repository.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events