Filter changesets on commit message

Hi -

This question pertains to filtering changesets in a Review based on commit message criteria. Here's the scenario. In a branch, I have 5 changesets. Three of the changesets have a commit message that contains "DEV1234". Two of the changesets have a commit message that contains "DEV2468". The changesets are organized as follows:

Commit 1: DEV1234...
Commit 2: DEV2468...
Commit 3: DEV1234...
Commit 4: DEV2468...
Commit 5: DEV1234... 

When I create a Review and browse changesets, filtering on "DEV1234" in the commit message, I see Commit 1, 2, and 3. I am also the author for these. Another developer is the author for DEV2468. I select my changesets for an iterative review (Commit 1, 2, 3). Now, when I Start the Review, Commits 2 and 4 are included. Why? I would like to just include my DEV1234-s. I can browse back and unselect the DEV2468 commits, but I would prefer to include only my DEV1234 commits when I select these.

Thanks!
Mike 

1 answer

A little more ... the undesired effect noted above occurs when the developer of DEV2468 starts the review. When I, as the author of DEV1234, start a review as noted above, only DEV1234 commits are included. 

Is there a setting to change this behavior, e.g. do not automatically include my changesets?

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Marketplace Apps

Tips on how to choose the best estimation method for your planning

Planning and grooming sessions all come with their own sets of rules. Team members meet to estimate stories or other work items, all according to an agreed-upon process. And with every session comes ...

71 views 0 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you