Excluding tags from git repository indexing

wjtucker November 2, 2018

I want to exclude tag indexing in FishEye for git repositories. I was looking at https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/FE-6261 and trying to add the --Xdisable-tags option to the command line options but get an Unrecognized option: --Xdisable-tags error. I'm on Version:4.2.1 Build:20161109135523 2016-11-09.  I realize that these options may be removed or changed in any future release. Just wondering if this is the case or I'm doing something wrong. What are the options to exclude tags from git repository indexing.

1 answer

0 votes
Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 3, 2018

Hi! 

Could you provide the full line for run fisheye ? 

I mean after run fisheye you fetch run command using command like 

ps aux | grep java

Cheers,

Gonchik Tsymzhitov

wjtucker November 5, 2018

This is the output. 

/software/java64/jdk1.8.0_45_nosupport/bin/java -Xms512m -Xmx60000m -Dfisheye.library.path= -Dfisheye.inst=/upapps/svn/data/fisheye_inst/ -Djava.awt.headless=true -Djava.endorsed.dirs=/software/svn/fisheye/fecru-4.2.1/lib/endorsed -jar /software/svn/fisheye/fecru-4.2.1/fisheyeboot.jar start

I'm setting the args in the fisheyectl.sh file --

FISHEYE_CMD="$JAVACMD  -Xms512m -Xmx60000m -Dfisheye.library.path=$FISHEYE_LIBRARY_PATH -Dfisheye.inst=$FISHEYE_INST -Djava.awt.headless=true -Djava.endorsed.dirs=$FISHEYE_HOME/lib/endorsed -jar $FISHEYE_HOME/fisheyeboot.jar"

But whenever I add --Xdisable-tags as an option

FISHEYE_CMD="$JAVACMD  -Xms512m -Xmx60000m  --Xdisable-tags -Dfisheye.library.path=$FISHEYE_LIBRARY_PATH -Dfisheye.inst=$FISHEYE_INST -Djava.awt.headless=true -Djava.endorsed.dirs=$FISHEYE_HOME/lib/endorsed -jar $FISHEYE_HOME/fisheyeboot.jar"

FishEye will not start and I get this error- 

Unrecognized option: --Xdisable-tags
Error: Could not create the Java Virtual Machine.
Error: A fatal exception has occurred. Program will exit.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events