Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enable Smart Commits for existing DVCS - like git - project

Santeri Vesalainen July 3, 2012

I am using Crucible + FishEye with Git repository having application links configured to Jira.

I wondered why my JIRA-123 #start Started progress commits won't change the JIRA ticket. But then I discovered

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/FISHEYE/Enabling+Smart+Commits :

Go to start of metadata

<colgroup><col width="24"><col></colgroup>

Because Git and Mercurial allow commits to be attributed to users other than those pushing changes to the repository, if your FishEye instance has any DVCS repositories then Smart Commits will be disabled. This is a security measure to prevent privilege escalation. This only occurs when the feature is first initialised, and will not be disabled if new Git or Mercurial repositories are added afterwards.

Q: Is there a somehow doable workaround for this?

I mean another than delete git repository and recreate it, and I bet won't do this.

Fisheye analysis with Crucible code review. (Version 2.7.13 Build:20120517072828 2012-05-17)

1 answer

0 votes
seb
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 4, 2012

If you continue to read down that page which you linked to (Enablng Smart Commits), you can still enable the functionality. It is simply disabled by default if you have a Git repository. Once you enable it, it will stay enabled.

Santeri Vesalainen July 4, 2012

You mean that this should work if I have configured Application Links for repository and Crucible, although Day 1 the Smart Commits were disabled and Day 2 Repositories and Projects were added Day 3 Smart Commits were enabled?

Santeri Vesalainen July 4, 2012

Now, it seemed that Crucible integration started working by +review command. Nice. Did not try that first.

Yet, jira is in other server could that be issue?

Eg. "Issue not found" is shown in mouse-hover on link top of JIRA-123 when commit message was "JIRA-123 #start Show starts"

When I click the link in commit message it opens ok, yet no progress is made.

Does the Jira need some configuration for Smart Commits . I was not able to find such a information.

Jira version is (v4.2.4-b591#591)

Sten Pittet
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 5, 2012

Have you created an application link between your JIRA instance and your FishEye instance? See https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/FISHEYE/JIRA+Integration+in+FishEye for more details about this.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events