Does crucible supports code review of codesys code?

winy verma December 18, 2015

I have codesys ST code. I want a tool for collaborative code reviews. does crucible supports it? If not then please let me know of such tool which could support codesys code review

Thanks,

Winy Kakani

4 answers

0 votes
winy verma January 13, 2016

Codesys is a development environment for PLC programming, by "3S-Smart Software Solution" company ST means "structured text". ST language is logical language similar to C. The repository used to store code is SVN. My PLC program is developed in ST language using codesys v3.5 tool. I want to review this ST code of mine, using crucible. Is it possible to review codesys code via crucible? If not please suggest other tools.

0 votes
Ashwin Kshirasagar January 7, 2016

Hello Felipe,

The CODESYS project files that contain the CODESYS programs are not text files, so I don't think that they can be reviewed using crucible. Please confirm if this is correct.

0 votes
Felipe Kraemer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 29, 2015

Hi @winy verma,

As far as I see here, "ST" stands for "Structured Text" and CodeSys is used for industrial PLC programming.

More important than the source code language is the type of repository in which this code is committed to. In FishEye / Crucible you can configure Bitbucket Server, CVS, Git, Mercurial, Perforce and SVN repositories. Take a look at this document for further information.

If this answer was helpful, please allow me to ask you to mark my answer as accepted in order to have it in the top of the thread, also helping other customers.

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,
Felipe Kraemer

winy verma December 29, 2015

Hello Felipe, Thanks for your answer. I am using SVN respository to checkout .porjetarchive file of codesys code which is developed using structure text language. What I understand from your post is that I can configure crucible to access ".projectarchive" of my SVN respository. After this crucible can be used to review my Codesys ST code stored in that ".projectarchive", right? What do I have to use with crucible ".project" or ".projectarchive"? Thanks, Winy

0 votes
Marek Parfianowicz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 18, 2015

Could you please specify what do you mean by "codesys ST"? Could you also elaborate what do you mean by the term "supports"? In other words: what are your requirements?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events