Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does crucible support document reviews?

L. Schimmel December 15, 2014

Code Reviews using a SVN repository already work quite good. But is there a way to review documents like office files using crucible?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Felipe Kraemer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 16, 2014

Hi Leonard,

There was a improvement request related to this some time ago:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CRUC-2299

The final consideration from the Crucible product manager was:

Hi,

After spending quite some time evaluating our priorities we decided to not address this issue. I am aware of the number of people that have voted for this and I can understand the benefits that MS Word support could bring if it was implemented.

However, we chose to focus on improving the performance of Crucible to make sure that it will function in the best way possible as our customers grow. This is a fairly complex effort and in order to achieve it we have to make some tough calls like this one and push back on adding new features.

MS Word support is a complex task in itself and we would be taking too much risks trying to tackle this while achieving our main performance goals.

If you have any question regarding this decision, please comment on this ticket. I'll make sure that you get a concrete response.

Nonetheless, you might want to try the suggestion given here:

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/138703

If this answer was helpful, please allow me to ask you to mark my answer as accepted in order to have it in the top of the thread, also helping other customers.

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,
Felipe Kraemer

1 vote
Mary M November 10, 2016

Is this still off Atlassian's radar?  If it does not support doc reviews at all, it is totally off my radar as a review tool.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events