Detect language for syntax highlighting based on shebang in Fisheye

Matthias February 23, 2016

We have executable Python scripts in our repository that do not include a *.py file extension in their name. Therefore, the syntax highlighter of Crucible/Fisheye is not able to detect the language. But we have a shebang included in the Python script. So, there is some information about the programming language in the file which could be used by the syntax highlighter for language detection.

I found something for Stash: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/STASHKB/Configuring+syntax+highlighting+for+file+extensions 

Is there something similar for Fisheye/Crucible syntax highlighting?

*edit*

To be clear: I am NOT interested in defining syntax highlighting. I want to detect the language of a file (using the shebang in the header of the script) to determine which existing syntax highlighting to use. The Python script does not have a *.py file extension that could be used for detecting the language but a shebang in first line of the executable Python script like that:

#!/usr/bin/python

# any python code follows

2 answers

1 vote
Tini Good
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 24, 2016
Matthias February 24, 2016

Thanks for the suggestion. But I am looking for something to derive the language of a file from the shebang in its header and not from its file extension. I couldn't find a description of this feature in your wiki articles.

0 votes
Marek Parfianowicz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 23, 2016

Hi Mattias, file extension mappings for syntax highlighter are defined in <fisheye dir>/syntax/filename.map

Murty Chitti February 28, 2016

Hi Marek,

we had the synatx/filename.map entry for the files with extenstion .py and it is working for files having correct extension.

"**/*.py" python.def "Python"

is there any option for files not having extenstion to be identified like  MIME type ?

we had tried  the below in raw-mime.types

application/python py
application/x-python py
text/x-python python py
text/python py

and also 

text/plain asc ascx asmx asa asax ashx axd config txt java jsp asp aspx cs idl cpp cxx c h pl pod py sh awk sed sql jspf tag xaml frm vb browser master
csproj vbproj sitemap

but syntax highlighting not working for files without .py extenstion .

any options to enable syntax highlighting for files which do not have extension in fisheye?

Thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events