Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Details of Fisheye's Subversion Hosting

Philip Bulley November 7, 2011

I can't find any information on exactly what is offered with FishEye OnDemand's SVN Hosting (mentioned here: http://www.atlassian.com/software/fisheye/pricing/?tab=ondemand).

I'd like to know things like:

1. How much storage in terms of MB/GB is available?
  2. Does it support HTTPS/SSL?
  3. I'm assuming the users are linked to JIRA users, so you'll get up to 10 SVN users in the basic package?
  4. How many repositories? Or is an individual repo automatically created when creating each JIRA project?
  5. Is my SVN data backed up incase server goes down? Is my data secure?
  6. Is there a 99.9% uptime SLA?
  7. Technical support available?

And any other relevant information.

Thanks!

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Melanie Wright
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 16, 2011

• How much storage in terms of MB/GB is available?

The initial storage available for each Atlassian OnDemand instance is 25GB. Accounts that exceed that amount will be billed an over limit fee of $1.00 per gigabyte per month, or if different, the then-current fee.

See our OnDemand FAQ What are the storage and bandwidth limits?

• Does it support HTTPS/SSL?

Yes - all accounts are configured with SSL by default.

• I'm assuming the users are linked to JIRA users, so you'll get up to 10 SVN users in the basic package?

10 users is the minimum subscription for each OnDemand application. Your 10 FishEye users do not need to also be JIRA users. Learn about user management here: Managing users and groups for sites with multiple OnDemand applications.

• How many repositories? Or is an individual repo automatically created when creating each JIRA project?

You'll be provided with a single SVN repository that contains a top-level directory for each project. The structure is described here: Importing Versioned Data into Subversion.

• Is my SVN data backed up incase server goes down? Is my data secure?
Point in time backups for your instance are taken every 24 hours for purposes of recovery from application failure. Use of backup data to roll back changes to application data is not supported. If you like, you can also create a backup copy of your Subversion repository.

Atlassian utilizes Contegix hosting services for all commercial hosting needs. They are a premier provider of fully-managed hosting services. Here are the relevant documents from both Contegix and Atlassian regarding hosting security and terms for your review:

• Is there a 99.9% uptime SLA?

Firstly, there is no official uptime SLA - please review section 12 of our Hosting Terms of Use. However, as downtime is very bad for business, I can assure you we unofficially strive for 100 percent uptime.

Secondly, our data center has a 100 percent network SLA, as stated here.

Thirdly, our support team maintains an initial response time SLA. And while we have no official support resolution SLA our internal goal is resolving all assigned cases within 48 hours.

• Technical support available?

Yes - support is available 24/7 for OnDemand. Please see How to Get Legendary Support from Atlassian for details.

I hope this helps to answer your questions!

Philip Bulley November 17, 2011

Thanks for the thorough answer! Sounds great, I'll be signing up :)

Maybe it'd be an idea to get this info displayed on the website, in the Fisheye purchasing FAQ? Sure it will help others make the decision.

2 votes
Nicolas Wildner November 15, 2011

Well, I'll split into topics too ;)

1 - The user space is 15GB per user on ALL tools configured on your OnDemand instance. There is no FishEye Specfic quota. (Means, 10 users = 150GB storage on your OnDemand instance)

2 - It's default SSL enabled.

3 - Yup. The same 10 users on the "Developers" role will have access to FishEye and Subversion, with the correct License.

4 - It's one Subversion Repository(physically), and you can create as many FishEye Projects you want, and link them to a Jira Project.

5 - For sure, as explained here how we take snapshots and backups of your entire filesystem: http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRASTUDIO/Data+Backups#DataBackups-HowWeProtectYourData

6 - It's not an "official" SLA. Just the current metric based on the reality since the release ;)

You can find additional information here: http://www.atlassian.com/hosted/terms.jsp - Item 12. Disclaimer of Warranties.

7 - For sure, at support.atlassian.com

0 votes
Felipe Cuozzo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 14, 2012

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events