Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting committers

Alexion Software January 12, 2012

We work in an environment where we have 5-6 people working on our projects but have a history of far more committers. Whenever I try to index my repository it stops because it sees that there are more then 10 committers in the past and I have a licence for only 10 users. Though at any given time there aren't more then 6 people committing code, thus using FishEye/Crucible, which seems like what the licence was for.

My question is this one: is there a way to delete committers from FishEye/Crucible and only activate a given amount of committers at a time? Because if I have to switch to another package it will be to expensive for my relative small company.

Thanks in advance!

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexion Software January 31, 2012

One of your collegues suggested that we only index the last few months :-)

1 vote
bbdejanv March 19, 2012

A simple and effective solution that did a trick for me: In 'SCM Details' settings panel set such 'Start revision' that excludes old users.

0 votes
Chii
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 15, 2012

Unfortunately, it isn't possible in Fisheye to control the amount of committers indexed. The license is for the amount of committers that have existed in the history of your repository, as well as the number of logins (i.e., users). They are separate entities - committers are related to your repository's history, where as number of users dictate how many people can login and use Fisheye. See the starter license FAQ page for more info.

You could potentially rewrite your repository's history and mask out all the old committers that no longer have any use for you (e.g., change them all to one amalgamated committer name) in order to get around your license limits, or purchase the next tier license, which is a 10 user license, and have unlimited committers.

Panos_Venizelos October 10, 2018

how can I do that? any guideline available?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events