Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crucible requires Java 1.8

Pieter de Bruijn February 5, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Installing Crucible on Linux and Mac

When trying to start Crucible I get the following message:
"FishEye/Crucible requires Java 1.8 or greater. Your version is 1.7.0_95."
But 1.7 is the lastest OpenJDK version, which is explicitly supported. How can I skip this invalid error message?

1 answer

2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 5, 2016

Um, no, OpenJDK 1.7 is NOT explicitly supported, only OpenJDK 1.8 (and only on Linux).

And 1.8 is the latest version of Openjdk.  It might not be the one available in your repositories, but it is out.

Pieter de Bruijn February 5, 2016

In that case the information on the website it incorrect:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/crucible/installing-crucible-on-linux-and-mac-298977373.html:
"The version of Java should be 1.8.x (or 1.7.x for OpenJDK)."

Can someone confirm?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 5, 2016

Yup, that's a definite error.

Atlassian are good at updating the "supported platforms" pages, and I always rely on them.  https://confluence.atlassian.com/crucible/supported-platforms-298977375.html states 1.8 is the only supported version.  Obviously, someone didn't get around to updating the duplicated information...

gustavo_refosco
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 5, 2016

Hi Pieter,

You're correct, although the Supported Platforms page states that support to Java 7 was removed on FishEye/Crucible 3.9, the install docs were not updated accordingly. I've updated the install docs both for 3.9 and 3.10 to reflect this change.

Thanks for noticing and reporting this. smile

Regards,
Gustavo

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events