Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crucible not showing diffs for some files

Arpit Ghiya July 22, 2015

Hello, we are facing issues while creating Crucible reviews where the files are listed as whole and no diff information is displayed.

Repository: Git

We are creating a branch for each feature and then committing the change to master branch post completion. So, an example scenario goes like this:

1. Created a branch from 'master' called 'test'

2. Added a file 'test.java' in test branch (rev. 00001)

3. Merge 'test' branch to 'master'

4. Create another branch 'test1' from master

5. Modify the file 'test.java' (rev. 00002)

6. Create Review

Now, when we select the later changeset (00002) and create review, no diff is displayed.

Note:

• When Viewing File History, Crucible does shows two revisions of the file
  • Indexing has completed for this repository
  • In the review, I can see an option of 'Add Revisions' which displays the second revision of the file - but it adds the file as a new file

Please help.

Crucible Ver. 3.0.3

2 answers

0 votes
J Hite January 10, 2019

This problem has occurred for only one user in our group. In his last review some files weren't diffing. For those files that didn't  there was a red circle at the top for the destination version but no dot and linking bar for the from version. I ran SVN logs for the individual files instead of just one for the whole check-in. We create a new branch from main for new Jira ticket/project and then check in with the Jira ticket number in the message. In each case where a file did not diff the new branch had a blank message. All that diffed had a message. Most files were checked in once so their previous version was the new branch with a blank message. The files that diffed had an interim check-in where some global definitions were changed to make the whole branch work. So these files were compared against the interim and the others against nothing. 

It was no big deal for the most part. We just looked at the files in a standalone WinMerge which I prefer because the Crucible left-right border seems hard to adjust.

Why the blank check-out / branch message? This programmer started using blank messages because if the Jira ticket number was on the new branch and again on the commit it made for a messy review, even if the message was different except for the Jira ticket number.

J Hite January 23, 2019

Never mind. That is no longer a unique qualifier.

0 votes
Todd Rhoades January 23, 2017

I have what appears to be the same problem using SVN and Crucible 3.9.1, though it doesn't seem to happen every time.

Chris Amos February 21, 2018

+1

SVN + "FishEye and Crucible 4.5.1"

Michael March 6, 2018

Same appears to happen with me.  I have SVN with Crucible 4.5.0.  We do not have Fisheye.  I added several commits to a review, spanning 11 files.  My repository is quite large, so when I added it, I entered a Start Revision that doesn't go far back in history, but farther than any of our reviewed changes would go.  I also selected "Import without tag information" before indexing.  I only see diffs in files which have been changed since the Start Revision.  Any file that has only been changed the one time since the Start Revision that is included in the review is shown in its entirety, with no diff information.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events