Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crucible: how to review a series of patch?

Jérôme Pouiller July 10, 2018

In crucible, I need to review series of multiple patches (a dozen of patches). Each commit has its own logic and must be reviewed separately (and whole is to big to reviewed all at once). Obviously, the series is also a set of coherent changes and, reviewer has sometime to refere to previous commit or suggestion.

I do not see how to review this without creating one review for each commit which is absolutly unusable and make no-sense.

2 answers

0 votes
Ben Stuart
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 31, 2018

Hey again, 

Would adding multiple change-sets or patches to a review work for you rather than an entire branch? See Adding content to the review for the details on that. If not, can you explain why? 

Thanks and best regards,
Ben Stuart

Jérôme Pouiller August 6, 2018

You are right, I can add multiple change-set to a review. However:

1. I am impacted by this bug

2. Interface is terrible. Here, an example with 5 change-sets:

Screenshot_2018-08-06 CR-26 upstream fix compat with kernel = 4 12 - Under Review.png

0 votes
Ben Stuart
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 11, 2018

Hey Jérôme, 

I'm not sure I understand your question. You can certainly review multiple patches or revisions in a single review, but it sounds like that doesn't work for you wither? 

I think the confusion is around your statement:

Each commit has its own logic and must be reviewed separately

Can you clarify what behaviour you're looking for/ expecting in Crucible?

Jérôme Pouiller July 12, 2018

Hello Ben,

I am able to select a branch to review, but it just show me diff between content before the branch and after the branch. I need to review intermediate commits.

For comparaison, my usual process is:

• get commits with "git format-patch" (or "git send-email")
  • prepend all lines of patches with "> " ("sed -i 's/^/> /' *.patch")
  • use an editor with correct syntax highlight to add my comments

Screenshot_20180712_104322.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events