Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crucible: enforce minimum number of reviewers?

Helen September 10, 2013

Is there a way to enforce that a crucible review must have at least one reviewer? Our current set up allows someone to create and close a review without actually having the code changes reviewed, which isn't ideal.

We want to keep the review creator as the author of the changes; this makes sense, because only the author knows when the changes are ready for review. I think though, this means we can't use the moderator role to enforce that there is a reviewer, because the moderator is the creator? It would make more sense if the moderator was one of the reviewers but then we go back to how to enforce that there is at least one reviewer...

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nick
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 10, 2013

Hi Helen,

You can configure a default reviewer (or reviewers) for each Project. Each review created in that project will then have this reviewer automaticall added. While the author can then remove this reviewer via the UI, it would mean they are conciously doing so, and I would suggest you need to seriously talk to that developer about why they created a review with no reviewers on it. It is essentially deciet.

Apart from doing spot-checks and ensuring you have a healthy team culture, where developers are doing the right thing, you could write a crucible plugin which enforces that each review created has at least one reviewer on it. It could be possible however for developers to still game this via other means, so I think its best to trust and then verify that developers are doing the right thing.

Crucible provides some very good reports which let you as a manger see at a glance whether or not reviews are being created without any reviewers. e.g. go to : /cru?filter=allReviews and see the last column.

Cheers,

Nick

Helen September 15, 2013

Default reviewers will be close enough I think. Thanks very much!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events