Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crucible Workflow: Flag defect without causing participants to resume reviewing

Stephen Decker April 25, 2017

Hi,

I'd like to know if its possible to flag a defect in a Crucible review without causing all participants to resume reviewing.

Scenario:  There are a handful of participants on a review, several of which have gone through the review and made all comments they are going to make and so they mark the review complete.  Another partipant, Gerald, comes along and makes a comment, which he flags as a minor defect.  So now Gerald and the moderator have a conversation thread and drive it to resolution. 

Problem:  When Gerald flagged a comment as a defect, all of the reviewers who had completed the review are now required to review that defect and mark the review as complete again. 

Desired Workflow:  I would like participants to be able to choose whether or not a particular defect will cause other participants to resume reviewing.  This could be either a configuration for various levels of defects, or a checkbox that a participant could check when creating a defect.  This would be particularly helpful for minor defects.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Grzegorz Lewandowski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 25, 2017

Hi, the workflow you desire is not possible in Crucible. Defects and resuming to reviewing upon raising them was designed to be configurable per reviewer, as per: I want to be resumed to a review once somebody raises a defect. Every Crucible user can change this setting for himself in user profile. 

defect_uncomplete..jpg

Stephen Decker April 26, 2017

That's not exactly how I was hoping it would work but it's pretty close, thanks!  I didn't know that setting existed and hadn't come across it in the docs.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events