Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crucible - Is there a way to prevent authors from resolving issues they did not open/create?

Josh Robertson February 8, 2024

I am wondering if there is any setting or way to prevent authors from marking issues as resolved in crucible code reviews if they are not the one who created the defect or issue that needs resolution?

Basically the way it is now would mean the author of the review is able to mark the issues resolved when in reality it should be the individual who created the issue that should close it, or potentially another reviewer as a worst case scenario.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 8, 2024

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Do you really mean in Fisheye, or are you linking your work to Jira? 

If the issues are in Jira, then you should be able to add a condition to the transition, one that blocks the reporter from the transition.

Hello and thank you!

I am using the crucible code review server, which has fisheye integrated with it.My question is actually related to crucible I believe, not with fisheye.

I apologize for the confusion. I've updated my question to explicit state that I am asking about crucible code review server.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 8, 2024

I am sorry, I was unclear.  Crucible sits on top of Fisheye, so I have a tendency to think of them as the same thing.  I've never worked with just Fisheye, beyond the first time, where my job was to plan and implement adding Crucible to it!

The question I have is "where are you raising the issues"?  Are they in Fisheye/Crucible, or Jira?

If it's in FeCru, then I'm afraid you are stuck.  It has a very simple flow for issues, and none of the flexibility that Jira has to set up flows that are controlled like that.

No Problem, we got there in the end.

I am raising this issue from the crucible side, as we are not utilizing Jira. Only using crucible for a peer review of code to be done by higher level team members.

We were using collaborator from SmartBear originally, and I found Crucible was a better product with a better layout, making the reviews easier to perform.

This one item stands out to me as an issue, because a reviewer can open an issue during the code review, and the author of that code review can mark the issue resolved without any involvement of any reviewer. Even if this was tied to Jira, I think the issue would exist on the crucible side, where the author can still mark an issue resolved, but I don't know what would happen on the Jira side in that regard and maybe it would be a non-issue.

So am I understanding there is no way to prevent authors of code reviews from marking issues as 'resolved'? Originally I thought it was because the author was also the moderator, that it granted them that ability, but I created a dummy user to be placed as the moderator and it was still possible.

Can you explain to me, if it isn't possible to prevent it, how it works with Jira tied in to prevent the author of a code review from marking issues as resolved in the code review?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events