Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Crucible / Fisheye - replacement / alternative

Didn't saw any similar thread so placing an open question.

We already know that Crucible and Fisheye won't be develop further beside the patching (security fixes, etc): https://confluence.atlassian.com/fisheye/fisheye-and-crucible-are-in-basic-maintenance-mode-987143949.html

Is there anyone here who already thought and investigate any Fisheye / Crucible alternatives (supported and developed)?

If yes, what tools you did select and how are you feeling about them? (integration with other atlassian tools, setup, features etc).

Thanks

3 answers

Following along on this. I have very much the same answer. Looks like options I have found are devart and upsource although I havent dug in very deep yet. Biggest concern is nothing will interact like FishEye does with Jira.

My Developers are not inline to moving to GIT anytime soon. They prefer SVN. Daydreaming of bitbucket working with SVN but that is just silly! 

In case you use other SCMs, like Subversion, Mercurial or Perforce then some of alternatives are: Review Board, Upsource, Helix.

Just keep in mind that they may not offer the same set of features as Fisheye and Crucible.

For example, in Review Board (based on my experience with 2.x version few years ago, they may have added more features since then) there's no possibility to browse repositories, no possibility to search content of repositories or to view diffs from a repository (I mean without creating a code review), also no web hooks, no smart commits, no repository/user activity, no charts and metrics. Iterative reviews are supported only partially, a unified diff is not available. On the positive side, Review Board supports much more SCM types, e.g. TFS, Bazaar; it also supports 15+ issue trackers (and not only Jira).

Another tool, Upsource has feature set quite similar to Fisheye & Crucible, although it does not support CVS. I checked version 3.5 few years ago and it didn't allow to upload patches or attachments to a code review, also adding entire files from a repository was not possible. Other features missing were file-level comments, multi-line comments, defect tracking, comment drafts, advanced search. On the positive side, Upsource runs IDEA's code analysis engine under the hood, so for example you can enjoy symbol navigation, searching for code references etc.

Please also keep in mind that Fisheye and Crucible are not end of life. They are mature products with a vast feature set. Thus, even with basic maintenance mode you can enjoy great code reviews in our products.

0 votes

In case you use Git only for source code management then Bitbucket shall be a very good alternative, especially taking into account integrations with other Atlassian products, like Jira or Bamboo.

It's fine if you are a code house, with no audit requirements and just configuring source code...

Bitbucket is *poor* if you need to produce artefacts for auditing, or reviewing items other than plain text source code, e.g. model files, xml files, etc

Wish you would fire up more support for Crucible/Fisheye again...

Like pedrevans likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Security Advisory for Jira Service Management

On October 20, 2021, Atlassian published a security advisory for Jira Service Management. The full advisory is available at this link.  We've seen a number of questions already asking for...

61 views 0 1
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you