Crucible Description - Commit Message

Darly Senecal-Baptiste
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 5, 2015

Hi all,

While creating a crucible code review, I realize that by default that my commit message appears. However, is there a setting where the commit message doesn't appear while creating the code review ticket?

Thanks 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
gustavo_refosco
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 5, 2015

Hi Darly,

Could you please confirm if this is when using Branch Reviews or creating reviews using Smart Commits?

A few days ago I created the suggestion of allowing the user to choose what reviews objectives to be used. Please find this suggestion at https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CRUC-7231, and feel free to comment and vote for it, as well as adding yourself as a watcher to track its progress.

As explained in it, when using Branch Reviews you can apply the workaround of setting an empty default reviews objectives for the project, so the commit messages from the branch are not added as a review objective. In the other hand, when using Smart Commits, the default reviews objectives are ignored, so I couldn't find a workaround for this.

Regards,

Gustavo Refosco

Darly Senecal-Baptiste
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 5, 2015

Hi Gustavo, I don't use any of them. It's just a simple commit message (with any smart command in the message). Thanks for opening a ticket for the issue, which I will follow up.

gustavo_refosco
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 5, 2015

Hi Darly, I may have missed your point then. Were you talking about the Objectives field? Where is this commit message showing up that you didn't want to have it? Regards, Gustavo Refosco

Darly Senecal-Baptiste
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 14, 2015

Hi Gustavo, Yes, I was talking about the Objectives field. And the commit message is showing up in the Objectives field

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events