Copy and Paste from Crucible Diff Screen?

Brent Villalobos
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 19, 2012

Is there a way to copy code from a crucible code review? If you highlight lines of code then it takes you to a comment window. I can then select "quote source" and copy from there. I was just wondering if there is anything more elegant. Is it possible to download a file from the code review so that I can open it in a text editor? That's another way people could copy and paste code I guess.

2 answers

1 accepted

7 votes
Answer accepted
jhinch (Atlassian)
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 19, 2012

Yes. One of the hidden features of crucible is that you can alt+select text to copy and paste it. The comment box won't show when you alt+select it.

Brent Villalobos
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 9, 2012

Good answer with just one hitch -- it also copies and pastes the line numbers which isn't good if you're trying to run a snippet of pasted code.

Chii
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 11, 2012

you can hide the line numbers by going to the prefs menu in the toolbar above the source, and uncheck the 'Line numbers' option.

Todd Davenport July 15, 2014

I have version 3.1.3. The "Line Numbers" option does not appear in that toolbar. I only have:

1. Source comments:
  2. Inline
  3. Above
  4. Hidden
  1. Side-by-side Diffs
  2. Unified Diffs
  1. Soft Wrapping
  2. No Wrapping
  1. Show Source
Like echo_li likes this
Aniraj Kesavan January 30, 2015

Is there a method to do this in versions 3.6+ preference to not show line numbers or another method to copy source all at once would help

Andrei Merenkov July 12, 2019

Have Crucible 4.7 of 2018 but still very unpleasant to use it. Still no normal way to select and copy text. Thats by the way one of the main code review needs that used constantly. That makes me sad every day I use Crucible. 

Like Jérôme Pouiller likes this
0 votes
Andrii Abumuslimov March 8, 2018

I have developed a custom style for a browser extension Stylish that allows to apply custom CSS styles to sites by url pattern. Custom style hides service table cells, including line numbers, and allows to copy from fisheye code blocks without formatting issues. You can find it at https://userstyles.org/styles/156826/fisheye-no-formatting, just change the url patter to your domain.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events