I have a the following suite of Atlassian server applications:

- FishEye/Crucible 4.8.10

- Jira 8.20.11
- Confluence 7.13.8
- Bitbucket 7.21.3
- Bamboo 8.2.5
- Crowd 5.0.2

Using Edge and Chrome browsers.

All the applications have been configured with SSL behind apache proxy servers and use Crowd to authenticate users. All of my applications are on the same domain (.mydomain.com) and use contexts (/jira etc).

I have configured SSO between most of the applications; when a user logs into Jira, they are also logged into Confluence, Bitbucket etc.

Configuring SSO for FishEye/Crucible is proving to be difficult.

In Crowd, the settings are:
- SSO domain: .mydomain.com
- SSO cookie name: default value
- Secure SSO cookie: unchecked

The instructions for configuring FishEye seem reasonably straight foward (as per https://confluence.atlassian.com/fisheye/connecting-to-crowd-960155581.html);
1. FishEye settings > User directory is updated to use https://{crowdserver}.mydomain.com:{port}/crowd
2. Update $FISHEYE_INST\config.xml to add <crowd sso-enabled="true"> within the security tag
3. Restart the FishEye service

My FishEye installation directory is C:\Atlassian\fcru-4.8.10 and my FishEye home directory is C:\Atlassian\fecru-home.

I am a little confused about the config.xml file. $FISHEYE_INST usually points to the FishEye home directory, so I should modify C:\Atlassian\fecru-home\config.xml, but any modificaton I make to that file results in an error when restarting the service (unable to parse config file). I can make the change to C:\Atlassian\fcru-4.8.10\config.xml, but I am not convinced it is being used.

I also tried adding -Dcrowd.property.cookie.domain=.mydomain.com and restarting the service, but it doesn't appear to make any difference.

Does anyone have an example of the config.xml that works? Or suggestions on what to look for/try to get SSO working? The logs contain nothing useful!

Thanks!

0 answers

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events