Can you host Crucible/fisheye on atlassian cloud ?

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Migrating to an external database

I like that JIRA and Confluence are hosted on Atlassian servers. It removes a big headache I feel.

Is it possible to do the same with Crucible and FishEye ?

4 answers

1 vote

No. You can't host Crucible and FishEye in Atlassian cloud. 

However, you can deploy these products in any other cloud offering such as Amazon AWS. Just ensure that you will use a VM with high I/O throughput.

Thanks for your answer, is there any free and easy to install solution ? How is that Amazon AWS ?

It's just about running a FishEye/Crucible installer on given VM.

In case of Amazon AWS, you'd probably have to configure S3 volume to keep data as well as Amazon RDS with PostgreSQL database. 

You could also use a Docker image with FishEye/Crucible preconfigured:

https://hub.docker.com/r/mswinarski/atlassian-fisheye/

seems to me like a massive oversight to not host this on the same cloud that all other Atlassian SDLC tools are.  Are there any plans to add crucible to the Atlassian cloud?

Thanks

0 votes

There are no plans to add FishEye/Crucible to the cloud. As a matter of fact it has been removed from the Atlassian Cloud several years ago. Please note that Bitbucket can host your repositories and provides also additional tools, such as pull request-based code reviews, build pipelines and much more.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted yesterday in Jira Service Desk

Looking for anyone who has switched from Zendesk to Jira Service Desk

Hi Community! The Jira Service Desk marketing team is looking for customers who have successfully switched from Zendesk to Jira Service Desk!   We’d love to hear your thoughts on the pros and ...

29 views 0 1
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you