Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can a Crucible reviewer decline the review?

John Henckel October 20, 2014

Our workflow is

• programmer makes a change
  • programmer creates a review and invites all team to comment
  • team members can either:
    1. add comments on the review, or
    2. click complete (i.e. approve the changes), or
    3. decline the invitation

I see how the comment/complete works, but HOW does a reviewer decline? Seems like there should be a button on the review page that says "Decline" or "Remove me from this review" or  "Sorry, but I don't have time to review this right now."

Any recommendations on how we can implement this workflow?  it seems like a reasonable request.

tia,

john

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Tom Davies
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 20, 2014

If the Reviewer role has the 'Edit Review Details' permission (which it does in the default Crucible permission scheme), then a reviewer can click the 'Edit Details' button and remove themselves from the review.

I don't believe that adding the entire team to review is the best practice – in our experience it is better to add two or three reviewers who know the part of the code that has been changed.

Assigning a small number of reviewers increases the responsibility that the reviewers feel. If everyone is on the review the tendency will be for each reviewer to feel that someone else will look seriously at the changes.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events