Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitbucket Server Integration with FishEye/Crucible

Stephen Hodgson January 26, 2018

I'm trying to see how Bitbucket and FishEye/Crucible integrate and so far I've been coming up with no documentation from both Bitbucket and FishEye.  I take this to mean that each Bitbucket repository must be added individually as a separate Git repository to allow for code review.  Is this true or is there a more automatic method?  It seems like a significant amount of overhead for project(s) that could spawn many repositories.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 26, 2018

Hi Stephen,

The article Adding an external repository that is linked from Integrating FishEye with Bitbucket Server provides the steps to add a repository and it is a manual operation:

When Bitbucket Server is integrated with FishEye:

• You can easily add Git repositories to FishEye. The repository behaves just like a native repository in FishEye, so your team gets all the benefits of FishEye indexing, browsing and searching. 
  • The repository becomes available to Crucible (when integrated), so you can perform in-depth code reviews for changes in the repository. 
  • When you add a Bitbucket Server repository to FishEye, a push to the repository will by default automatically trigger FishEye to run an incremental index. No further configuration is required – you don't have to configure polling for new commits, or set up dedicated FishEye web hooks in your Bitbucket Server instance.

You'll need to have an account in the Bitbucket Server instance, as well as permission to view the repository that you want to add.

1. Click the 'cog' menu in the FishEye header, and choose Administration (you'll need to be logged in as an administrator to see this link).
  2. Click Repositories (under 'Repository Settings').
  3. Click the Bitbucket Server repositories tab, and authenticate with Bitbucket Server if necessary.
  4. If multiple instances of Bitbucket Server are connected to FishEye, use the Bitbucket server list to choose the instance of Bitbucket Server that hosts the repository you wish to add.
  5. Optionally, type a filter pattern to restrict the list of displayed repositories to those with a matching name, key or project.
  6. Click Add for each repository that you wish to add to FishEye.
  7. If the name of repository conflicts with already existing one, you will be asked to specify a different name

I can see the utility of the repos being manually added so please go to JAC and create a Suggestion for this behavior and put your use case in the description.  If you do that please add the link to this thread so the Community can vote on it.

Cheers,

Branden

Stephen Hodgson February 2, 2018

Ok, not sure how I missed that the when searching the docs the first time.  The key is on https://confluence.atlassian.com/fisheye/integrating-fisheye-with-bitbucket-server-587303683.html where you add an application link between FishEye and Bitbucket.  After that you get the one-click repository adding.

Thanks.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events