Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad version number in .class file

Jeremy Kryvanis April 27, 2014

I have no idea what I need to do to fix this issue. Can I please get some guidance.

STATUS | wrapper | 2014/04/28 10:08:39 | Launching a JVM...

INFO | jvm 1 | 2014/04/28 10:08:39 | java version "1.5.0_22"

INFO | jvm 1 | 2014/04/28 10:08:39 | Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_22-b03)

INFO | jvm 1 | 2014/04/28 10:08:39 | Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM (build 1.5.0_22-b03, mixed mode)

INFO | jvm 1 | 2014/04/28 10:08:39 | JDK 1.5 detected, registering Java Service Wrapper MBean

INFO | jvm 1 | 2014/04/28 10:08:39 | WrapperStartStopApp: Unable to locate the class com.cenqua.fisheye.FishEyeCtl: java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: Bad version number in .class file

INFO | jvm 1 | 2014/04/28 10:08:39 |

INFO | jvm 1 | 2014/04/28 10:08:39 | WrapperStartStopApp Usage:

INFO | jvm 1 | 2014/04/28 10:08:39 | java org.tanukisoftware.wrapper.WrapperStartStopApp {start_class} {start_arg_count} [start_arguments] {stop_class} {stop_wait} {stop_arg_count} [stop_arguments]

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 27, 2014

What version of Fisheye are you trying to run? I suspect you need to upgrade your Java to at least 1.6 and probably 1.7...

Well I went to 1.5 because the error logs were screaming about the version not being JDK 1.5. I will try running on 1.7 and see if anything changes.

I am running 3.4.0. The reason I tried using java 1.5 is because I get this error in the fisheye log when using jdk 1.8:

ERROR [FelixDispatchQueue ] com.atlassian.plugin.osgi.container.felix.FelixOsgiContainerManager FelixOsgiContainerManager$BundleRegistration-frameworkEvent - Framework error in bundle org.springframework.osgi.extender

org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Activator start error in bundle org.springframework.osgi.extender [7].

at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.activateBundle(Felix.java:1864)

at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.startBundle(Felix.java:1734)

at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.setActiveStartLevel(Felix.java:1143)

at org.apache.felix.framework.StartLevelImpl.run(StartLevelImpl.java:264)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Cannot create ConcurrentHashMap - neither JDK 1.5 nor backport-concurrent available on the classpath

I have changed back to 1.8 but now I am running both into this issue, but also when I try to view the web browser page for fisheye, I get:

Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'com.cenqua.fisheye.web.admin.actions.setup.WelcomeAction':

The page never loads

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 27, 2014

I'm vaguely curious as to why you thought downgrading from one non-compatible version of Java to another non-supported version would help, but hey.

Please, run it on 1.7 (or 1.6 if you must). Those are the only two supported (although Atlassian are working on 1.8)

Piotr Swiecicki
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 27, 2014

Fisheye 3.4.0 requires JRE/JDK 1.7 or 1.8, see https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/FISHEYE/Supported+platforms
It won't run on Java 1.5 because it is compiled for Java 1.6+ and it won't run on Java 1.8 yet.

Kind regards,

That turned out to be the main issue. I am running into another problem now, but I will research that before asking questions on it. Wish I saw the compatibility page prior to debugging the issue myself. The only reason I tried 1.5 was due to that error message and not finding any support on the exact text.

Thanks guys

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 27, 2014

Ah, that's good. I think we had to eliminate that as the problem, even if it wasn't the whole issue!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events