Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attempting to setup a commit hook and getting a 405 Http Method put is not supported by this URL

Peter Cullen November 11, 2015

Hello,

I'm playing around with disabling automatic timed polling to SVN and replacing with a commit hook. 

I've attempted sending a PUT to my Fisheye instance and get a 405 error.

My URL looks something like this (taken out actual server names etc)

http://{myserver}:8060/fisheye/fecru/rest-service-fecru/admin/repositories/{reponame}/incremental-index

I have set the headers X-Api-Key and the Content Type. 

Repo name I've used the repo name as set in Fisheye.

Pete

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Piotr Swiecicki
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 12, 2015

Are you sure /fisheye/fecru is the correct Web Context of your instance?  Can you go to Admin / Global Settings / Server page, and check the Web context value in Web Server section?

Perhaps the valid URL would be

• /fecru/rest-service-fecru/admin/repositories/{repoName}/incremental-index or
  • /fisheye/rest-service-fecru/admin/repositories/{repoName}/incremental-index or
  • /rest-service-fecru/admin/repositories/{repoName}/incremental-index

depending on the actual Web context value?

Basically, go to dashboard page of your instance and append /rest-service-fecru/admin/repositories/{repoName}/incremental-index to its URL.

Hope that helps,

0 votes
Peter Cullen November 12, 2015

Hi Piotr,

2015-11-12 21:00:40,672 DEBUG [qtp1764996806-265 ] fisheye ProfilingServletFilter-logRequest - start request PUT /fisheye/fecru/rest-service-fecru/admin/repositories/sxweb/incremental-index nosession 2015-11-12 21:00:40,672 DEBUG [qtp1764996806-265 ] fisheye ProfilingServletFilter-logRequest - end request in 0ms PUT /fisheye/fecru/rest-service-fecru/admin/repositories/sxweb/incremental-index nosession 405 mem=0.073MB 2

Here's the log.  A couple of things, I'm running a redirect to this server and have tried both the redirect and direct address's.

Pete

0 votes
Piotr Swiecicki
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 12, 2015

That seems like a valid URL of https://docs.atlassian.com/fisheye-crucible/latest/wadl/fecru.html#rest-service-fecru:admin:repositories:name:incremental-index endpoint.   Can you enable debug logging (Admin / Server page) and show me the logs captured when the request was being sent to server, please?   Also, what FishEye version do you use?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events