Attempting to Connect to Stash from Crucible

Josh Whitehurst July 16, 2014

In our environment I have a simple installation of JIRA / Stash / Crucible.

I've been able to get JIRA / Stash and JIRA / Crucible flow to work just fine. I'm stumped trying to get Crucible to properly retrieve the repositories stored in Stash. The application link gets set up between the two without issue. The problem arises after the repository is added from the Stash repositories tab. The repository never seems to sync. When going into the properties of the repository and clicking on the "Test Connection" button I receive the following error:

• <button class="item-button"> Contents</button>

I've searched around, but haven't found a solid resource on the issue. Can you provide further details on how to resolve this issue? Where is the path of the SSH binary that fisheye/crucible is using?

Thanks,

Josh

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
rstephens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 16, 2014

Hi Josh,

On Windows, you need to have an OpenSSH binary accessible on your system path for FishEye to clone repositories over SSH. The easiest way to acheive this is to select the "Use Git and optional Unix tools from the Windows Commond Prompt" option when installing Msysgit, as shown in this screenshot.

-Richard

Git_Setup_2014-07-17_15-06-00_2014-07-17_15-06-58.jpg

Josh Whitehurst July 16, 2014

Richard,

That worked great. Instead of running through the installer, I manually edited the environment path variable based the documentation of Git installation. The following correspond to the three items above:

Use Git from Git Bash Only: No modification to Path

Use Git from the Windows Command Prompt: C:\program files (x86)\Git\cmd

Use Git and optional UInix tools...: C:\program files (x86)\Git\bin

Thanks,

Josh

Michael Averto September 15, 2014

This worked for me. Don't forget to restart fisheye/crucible.

Arve Systad March 11, 2015

Adding the path to the git bin folder to path manually worked for me too.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events