Associate review with a different Crucible repository that points to the same SVN repository

Phillip Palk June 1, 2017

We currently have a repository that points directly to the trunk of the SVN repository, however we've also got a repository that points to the same SVN repository but pulls in trunk, branches and tags. When a commit is made against the SVN repository, that commit shows up in both Crucible repositories and produces double the 'commits' on the user's dashboard (i.e. it shows up once for both repositories).

We have reviews that are associated with the first Crucible repo that points directly to the SVN repo's trunk, however I'd like to get rid of that Crucible repo in favor of the one that includes the SVN repo's trunk, branches and tags. I can change things over so that all new reviews go to the second repo and disable the old repo so that new commits don't show up in both, but is there a way to move the old reviews to the new repository? I realize that this might not be straight-forward since the paths will change (file in the first repo would become trunk/file in the second).

If this can't be done, is it safe to delete the first repository (that points to trunk) without losing the content of the existing reviews? Or should I just leave the repository in place as 'disabled'?

1 answer

0 votes
Vitalii Petrychuk
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 14, 2017

Just disable the "trunk" repo and you won't get annoying duplications. Once the repo is disabled all notifications should disappear.

I do not suggest removing it just because of historical reasons - as you mentioned, there are reviews associated with it. And AFAIK there is no way to associate them with a new repo.

Phillip Palk June 14, 2017

OK, thanks. That's what I ended up going with.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events