cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After upgrading FishEye to 4.1 read permissions are missing in the repositories

Gerald Schneider
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 5, 2016

After upgrading FishEye to 4.1 all read permissions are missing in the repositories:

image2016-7-5 14:45:41.png

The only way I found so far is to add all groups again with "Read" access. Is there any way to fix this without going through all 120 repositories and readding every 3+ groups per repository one by one?

1 answer

1 vote
Kamil Cichy
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 5, 2016

Hi @Gerald Schneider,

We are aware of this problem and we're fixing it with priority "Critical".
 https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/FE-6598

We will soon (in a couple of days) release FishEye 4.1.1 which will fix this issue.

If you cannot wait that long and you need an immediate fix, you need to manually modify a DB table. Please let me know if you'd like some guidance on how to do that.

Kamil

Gerald Schneider
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 5, 2016

Thanks, I just discovered the linked Issue myself. A temporary solution I can think of would be to add an additional column to the table and store the correct group name there, so I can retrieve it again after the issue is solved.

Would a modification like this survive the next update, or would the table in the database be reset to the "correct" structure?

Kamil Cichy
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 5, 2016

Please see my answer at the linked issue.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events