After upgrading FishEye to 4.1 read permissions are missing in the repositories

After upgrading FishEye to 4.1 all read permissions are missing in the repositories:

image2016-7-5 14:45:41.png

The only way I found so far is to add all groups again with "Read" access. Is there any way to fix this without going through all 120 repositories and readding every 3+ groups per repository one by one?

1 answer

1 vote
Kamil Cichy Atlassian Team Jul 05, 2016

Hi @Gerald Schneider,

We are aware of this problem and we're fixing it with priority "Critical".
 https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/FE-6598

We will soon (in a couple of days) release FishEye 4.1.1 which will fix this issue.

If you cannot wait that long and you need an immediate fix, you need to manually modify a DB table. Please let me know if you'd like some guidance on how to do that.

Kamil

Thanks, I just discovered the linked Issue myself. A temporary solution I can think of would be to add an additional column to the table and store the correct group name there, so I can retrieve it again after the issue is solved.

Would a modification like this survive the next update, or would the table in the database be reset to the "correct" structure?

Kamil Cichy Atlassian Team Jul 05, 2016

Please see my answer at the linked issue.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Monday in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

587 views 6 12
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you