Way to give a community member or post a bad rating

Joe Harmon June 4, 2018

Is there a way to give a community member or a post a bad rating? I now that we can mark an issue as solved when a particular post has solved an issue, but it would also be good if we could do like and dislikes on certain posts.  Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the sense of a community and the helpful answers that are provided.  But there are also some answers that are just flat out unhelpful and in some cases, rude.

It would be really great if we could like or vote for specific answers and vote down ones that are not at all helpful.  These should then go toward a score towards a persons answers.

Joe

1 answer

0 votes
Joe Harmon June 4, 2018

Seems like there is only a like option and not a dislike.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 4, 2018

Correct, it was deliberately done that way because of the negativity seen on the old systems that came before this one.

Joe Harmon June 4, 2018

I can understand that there may be some unwanted negativity, but it seems like ignoring all of the bad behavior is also the wrong way to go.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 4, 2018

The moderators try to keep a lid on the bad behaviour, removing most negative posts.  They tend to leave poor answers in place, but explain why they're bad.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events