Suggestion: Can there be better feedback on responses awaiting moderation? Edited

See Steffen's comment on Why does a posted comment seemingly disappear into thin air.

User experience is confusing when someone posts a reply or answer that gets held up in spam quarantine.

In this scenario, the user sees that their reply/answer is submitted OK, but it disappears without explanation once the page is reloaded.

This can lead to the user (understandably) posting again and again, without realising their posts are collecting in spam quarantine behind the scenes.

When the posts are eventually released from quarantine, the result is duplicate answers/reponses.

Could the user be notifiied in some way that their reply/answer has been submitted, but is awaiting moderation before it will display? Perhaps placeholder text like 'This response is awaiting moderation' could show (to the poster only?) while the post is in spam quarantine.

1 answer

Thanks for bringing this up, Sam, I opened a ticket to include a notification to the poster when their post is being held in quarantine. I hope we will be seeing this functionality soon.

Thanks Ann. Good to know it's being looked at.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Oct 31, 2018 in Feedback & Announcements

November monthly challenge badge is now live!

Ready for another challenge? This month we're challenging you to share your knowledge and answer questions. We're calling it Knowvember! (And by we, I mean me. You can blame me.) To earn this ...

383 views 6 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you