Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

My Answer button not working

Edited

I have been trying to answer on the community from three browsers - Chrome, Firefox and Edge.

Every time, I write the answer and I hit on the Answer button, the button goes disabled and the answer is not posted.

Has anyone encountered this ? How do I fix this ?

Thanks,
Kris

3 answers

1 vote

@Kris G _Alacriz_ 

I also have the problem occasionally.
In that case, I copy my answer, close the respective thread and open it again. Then I copy my answer into the text editor again. So far, this has mostly worked.
The editor also seems to have some problems with certain characters. It is also important that the code of any kind is always shown in the code block

Interesting, have you spotted any pattern in the special characters that work or do not? 

repi Rising Star Jul 12, 2020

Unfortunately, no, that's more of a feeling.

I had this behavior too, sharing what happen with me:

• When I tried to use a gif image (I could see the gif in in the editor but I was unable to save/publish the comment)
  • When I copied/pasted an external content, maybe I copied an invalid character.
0 votes

I know of one way to replicate exactly these sypmtoms - get distracted.

If you open an community question in a browser and then wander off to make tea or something, when you come back, you can get exactly what you describe.  Click answer or comment and it just goes grey and posts nothing.  Refresh the page and post again - absolutely fine.

It feels like there is an invisible timeout on an open page.   It's not logging you out, but it is blocking posting if you have been inactive.

Is that what you are seeing here?

Thanks for the response, @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- .

I wish you were right :)

Even if I refresh the browser or open a fresh new browser or a tab (Edge, Chrome, Firefox) with no time lag absolutely, the behavior is the same. The Answer button goes grey. Surprisingly, I can still click on Cancel button.

Is there anything else I can try?

I don't know, that's the only time I've seen that behaviour, but it's not what is happening to you.

Shannon S Atlassian Team Jul 13, 2020

Hi @Kris G _Alacriz_

I experience the same behavior that Nic mentions; copying my reply and refreshing the page with CMD+R has always solved it. I'm not sure on why that might not have worked for you, so we need to look into that more.

I've just reported his with the team, so hoping to get some clarity on this!

Thank you,

Shannon

Like Kris G _Alacriz_ likes this
repi Rising Star Jul 13, 2020

@Shannon S 

The community editor seems to have a special problem with the nick of Kris G ...
Fits my assumption regarding problems with certain character constellations.

Shannon S Atlassian Team Jul 13, 2020

@repi,

If Kris G is encountering this issue, then likely others are too, so I've included the the findings from this thread in my internal report. Hopefully we can find out what the issue is!

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Atlassian Community Events