My Answer button not working

Kris G _Alacriz_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 11, 2020

I have been trying to answer on the community from three browsers - Chrome, Firefox and Edge.

Every time, I write the answer and I hit on the Answer button, the button goes disabled and the answer is not posted.

Has anyone encountered this ? How do I fix this ?

Thanks,
Kris

3 answers

1 vote
repi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 11, 2020

@Kris G _Alacriz_ 

I also have the problem occasionally.
In that case, I copy my answer, close the respective thread and open it again. Then I copy my answer into the text editor again. So far, this has mostly worked.
The editor also seems to have some problems with certain characters. It is also important that the code of any kind is always shown in the code block

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 11, 2020

Interesting, have you spotted any pattern in the special characters that work or do not? 

repi
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 12, 2020

Unfortunately, no, that's more of a feeling.

0 votes
Italo Qualisoni [e-Core]
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 12, 2020

I had this behavior too, sharing what happen with me:

• When I tried to use a gif image (I could see the gif in in the editor but I was unable to save/publish the comment)
  • When I copied/pasted an external content, maybe I copied an invalid character.
0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 11, 2020

I know of one way to replicate exactly these sypmtoms - get distracted.

If you open an community question in a browser and then wander off to make tea or something, when you come back, you can get exactly what you describe.  Click answer or comment and it just goes grey and posts nothing.  Refresh the page and post again - absolutely fine.

It feels like there is an invisible timeout on an open page.   It's not logging you out, but it is blocking posting if you have been inactive.

Is that what you are seeing here?

Kris G _Alacriz_
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 11, 2020

Thanks for the response, @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- .

I wish you were right :)

Even if I refresh the browser or open a fresh new browser or a tab (Edge, Chrome, Firefox) with no time lag absolutely, the behavior is the same. The Answer button goes grey. Surprisingly, I can still click on Cancel button.

Is there anything else I can try?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 12, 2020

I don't know, that's the only time I've seen that behaviour, but it's not what is happening to you.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 13, 2020

Hi @Kris G _Alacriz_

I experience the same behavior that Nic mentions; copying my reply and refreshing the page with CMD+R has always solved it. I'm not sure on why that might not have worked for you, so we need to look into that more.

I've just reported his with the team, so hoping to get some clarity on this!

Thank you,

Shannon

Like Kris G _Alacriz_ likes this
repi
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 13, 2020

@Shannon S 

The community editor seems to have a special problem with the nick of Kris G ...
Fits my assumption regarding problems with certain character constellations.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 13, 2020

@repi,

If Kris G is encountering this issue, then likely others are too, so I've included the the findings from this thread in my internal report. Hopefully we can find out what the issue is!

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events