Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kanban and Scrum-Interconnect?

Michele Snow July 7, 2021

If I create a Kanban board to document certain items (like time spent in research), do these cards correlate to the cards in our scrum board, so we can estimate via Fib. numbers our story points?

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 7, 2021

Yes, since boards are just showing what the associated filter is selecting you can use multiple boards to do this.

Is this the best way, I have some Developers who spent time in research ....that can be long term or short term review.....I just am not sure how to document this, esp. with our story point estimations.

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 7, 2021

At my previous company I worked for we had a similar set up, but the driving factor was the workflow and it controlled when an issue moved from the Kanban board (used for research and review) to a Scrum board. By doing it this way only issues that were ready for development where added to to the backlog for the teams to do their sprint planning and set the story points.

Like # people like this

That is a great idea. Thank you for the response, I am still learning and loving every minute. 

Like Mikael Sandberg likes this
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 7, 2021

Hi @Michele Snow 

Yes, and to Mikael's ideas...

When you want to visualize and manage your full lifecycle ("concept to cash"), consider using a single Kanban board for work, perhaps showing feature-level work on a higher scale board.  This can support abandoning ideas which do not pan out and the ones which proceed to implementation.  For those ideas which proceed, they lead to creation of more detailed work items that live on the teams' individual scrum, kanban, etc. boards.  Adding use of the Jira Roadmaps feature and you get multiple ways to visualize the value stream.

Best regards,
Bill

Like Mikael Sandberg likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events