Answers Improvement: Allow user to email/PM other users on answer forum

Eva
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 30, 2011

I think sometimes you just want to send comments/followup with another user offline via email or private message. I know comments work great, but there are times you just want to take things offline :)

1 answer

0 votes
Jeremy Largman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 7, 2011

How about a share button? That way you could email a user, but you wouldn't be able to see their address. One concern with that is spam - spammers shoul be able to email everyone.

Eva
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 13, 2011

not quite. I was talking about sending message to particular user and not sharing a ticket to another user. Like instead of arguing certain points on this forum, I can take the discussion offline with particular user.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 13, 2011

I'm not sure I'd like that - the point of a forum is that it's a community, and a place to share. Private messages discourage that. But it would be nice to have a way to contact someone to see if they were willing to accept mail off-forum.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events