cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Searchable content from answers cant be found in community

EddieW
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 13, 2017

(Editor lost my 3!!! attempts to write this, so please forgive brevity)

Google a thing you need:

Screen Shot 2017-09-13 at 1.25.03 PM.png 

Found in old answers (yay, someone else having my issue), click through.
Redirects to homepage (silly, but o well, search again):
Screen Shot 2017-09-13 at 1.35.14 PM.png

Not found, try the title that answers used:

Screen Shot 2017-09-13 at 1.25.43 PM.png
Nope, nothing.

Was it lost, does search just stink?

5 answers

Suggest an answer

0 votes
EddieW
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 14, 2017

Thanks for following up.  The issue was related to images.  In short I wrote a rather length report with 4 distinct screenshots uploaded.

After I saved the post all 4 images, and most of the text was replaced with the 1st images repeated 4 times.

I tried to edit, delete the extras, and re-insert the missing 3 and saved it. The published article remained the same as first publish.

UNrelated, but equally frustrating is that it seems I can't mention you or David in my replied. I get an error saying my comment has invalid HTML markup.  Removing the mention let's me post.
Screen Shot 2017-09-14 at 8.27.07 AM.png

0 votes
EddieW
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 14, 2017

Thanks David - it is validation of the same problem i'm having! I really appreciate you taking the extra effort to dig this up and provide it hear, sincerely, thanks.

As for the issue itself, it seems bigger than quickreload, and something in JIRA core, I actually submitted a bug yesterday with steps to re-create, similar to poster above.

Again, thanks.

0 votes
David Corcoran
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 13, 2017

Hi Eddie,

When we migrated data from Answers to Community, we made the difficult (honestly) decision to not migrate questions that had never received a comment or answer. I just took a look at the raw Answers database dump, and "QuickReload Report Plugin" was in fact pruned during the migration because nobody had ever responded to it.

That said, I know how irritating it is to be denied access to content like this when you're trying to troubleshoot -- seeing that someone else is having the same issue can be validating and reassuring, and sometimes you can learn something useful about the potential solution just by reading someone else's account of the problem, so here's the original post for you. Apologies for any formatting errors -- I removed the markup manually.

--

Hello,

I'm creating a custom report plugin for JIRA 7.3 and I have a problem with quickreload, which makes it pretty useless: Everytime I run 'mvn package' my plugin gets build and packaged and quickreload recognises the changed jar file. Then quickreload redeploys the plugin jar and also the test jar. Everything seems fine, console shows no errors. Then if a open up the report nothing it seems like the old state. The only way to get JIRA show the new report is by restarting the entire server with 'atlas-run'.

I could reproduce this behaviour with a fresh project:

- create Project

C:\Temp\atlassian>atlas-create-jira-plugin.bat

[INFO] using latest stable data version: 7.3.0
Define value for groupId: : de.example
Define value for artifactId: : jira-custom-report-sample
Define value for version: 1.0.0-SNAPSHOT: :
Define value for package: de.example: :
Confirm properties configuration:
groupId: de.example
artifactId: jira-custom-report-sample
version: 1.0.0-SNAPSHOT
package: de.example
Y: : y

- cd into project dir

C:\Temp\atlassian>cd jira-custom-report-sample

- create JIRA report plugin module

C:\Temp\atlassian\jira-custom-report-sample>atlas-create-jira-plugin-module.bat

Choose Plugin Module:
16: Report
Choose a number (1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/20/21/22/23/24/25/26/27/28/29/30/31/32/33/34): 16
Enter New Classname MyReport: : ExampleReport
Enter Package Name de.example.jira.reports: :
Show Advanced Setup? (Y/y/N/n) N: :
[INFO] Adding the following items to the project:
[INFO] [class: de.example.jira.reports.ExampleReport]
[INFO] [class: ut.de.example.jira.reports.ExampleReportTest]
[INFO] [dependency: org.mockito:mockito-all]
[INFO] [module: report]
[INFO] [resource: ExampleReport.properties]
[INFO] [resource: view.vm]
[INFO] i18n strings: 3
Add Another Plugin Module? (Y/y/N/n) N: :

- Start JIRA

C:\Temp\atlassian\jira-custom-report-sample>atlas-run

- open http://localhost:2990/jira and log in to JIRA
- create the sample project
- navigate to the sample project and click on 'reports'
- open the 'ExampleReport'

This should give a merely empty 'Configuration' page with the report title, description and an button 'Next' to show the report (which returns null at the moment)

- Edit the atlassian-plugin.xml

C:\Temp\atlassian\jira-custom-report-sample>;vi src\main\resources\atlassian-plugin.xml

- add a property tot the 'Example Report'

<report name="Example Report" ...>
<properties>
<property>
<key>exampleProperty</key>
<name>Example Property</name>
<description>An example property</description>
<type>string</type>
</property>
</properties>

- Rebuild via 'atlas-mvn package'. This should end up with 'BUILD SUCCESS'
- Watch the console window from 'atlas-run'
- There should be some output from QuickReload like:

[talledLocalContainer] 2017-01-25 17:14:49,599 QuickReload - DirectoryWatcher INFO [c.a.l.p.quickreload.install.PluginInstaller] ←[33mChanges noticed in 'C:\Temp\atlassian\jira-custom-report-sample\target\jira-custom-report-sample-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar'...←[39m
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] 2017-01-25 17:14:49,918 QuickReload - DirectoryWatcher INFO [c.a.l.p.quickreload.install.PluginInstaller] ←[33mChanges noticed in 'C:\Temp\atlassian\jira-custom-report-sample\target\jira-custom-report-sample-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT-tests.jar'...←[39m
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] 2017-01-25 17:14:50,067 QuickReload - Stable File Watcher INFO [c.a.l.p.quickreload.install.PluginInstaller] ←[33mWaiting for 'jira-custom-report-sample-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar' to become stable (269118 bytes)...←[39m
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] 2017-01-25 17:14:50,577 QuickReload - Stable File Watcher INFO [c.a.l.p.quickreload.install.PluginInstaller] ←[33m'jira-custom-report-sample-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar' now appears to be stable (269118 bytes)←[39m
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] 2017-01-25 17:14:50,578 QuickReload - Stable File Watcher INFO [c.a.l.p.quickreload.install.PluginInstaller] ←[33m'jira-custom-report-sample-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar' is indeed an Atlassian plugin and will be installed shortly...←[39m
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] 2017-01-25 17:14:50,579 QuickReload - Stable File Watcher INFO [c.a.l.p.quickreload.install.PluginInstaller] ←[33mWaiting for 'jira-custom-report-sample-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT-tests.jar' to become stable (3003530 bytes)...←[39m
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] 2017-01-25 17:14:50,579 QuickReload - Plugin Installer INFO [c.a.l.p.quickreload.install.PluginInstallerMechanic]
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] |
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] v
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer]
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] ←[1;33mStarting Quick Reload - 'C:\Temp\atlassian\jira-custom-report-sample\target\jira-custom-report-sample-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar'....←[22;39m
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] 2017-01-25 17:14:50,668 QuickReload - Plugin Installer INFO [c.a.plugin.loaders.ScanningPluginLoader] No plugins found to be installed
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] 2017-01-25 17:14:50,724 QuickReload - Plugin Installer INFO [c.a.plugin.manager.DefaultPluginManager] Found dependent enabled plugins for plugins '[de.example.jira-custom-report-sample]': [de.example.jira-custom-report-sample-tests(MANDATORY)]. Disabling...
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] 2017-01-25 17:14:50,724 QuickReload - Plugin Installer INFO [c.a.plugin.manager.DefaultPluginManager] Disabling de.example.jira-custom-report-sample-tests
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] 2017-01-25 17:14:50,823 QuickReload - Plugin Installer DEBUG [c.a.activeobjects.osgi.ActiveObjectsServiceFactory] onPluginDisabledEvent removing delegate for [de.example.jira-custom-report-sample-tests]
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] 2017-01-25 17:14:50,852 QuickReload - Plugin Installer INFO [c.a.plugin.manager.DefaultPluginManager] Found mandatory, optional and dynamically dependent plugins to re-enable after plugin upgrade 'de.example.jira-custom-report-sample': [de.example.jira-custom-repor
t-sample-tests]. Enabling...
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] 2017-01-25 17:14:50,858 QuickReload - Plugin Installer INFO [c.a.plugin.manager.DefaultPluginManager] Updating plugin 'de.example.jira-custom-report-sample' from version '1.0.0-SNAPSHOT' to version '1.0.0-SNAPSHOT'
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] 2017-01-25 17:14:50,861 QuickReload - Plugin Installer INFO [c.a.plugin.manager.DefaultPluginManager] Disabling de.example.jira-custom-report-sample
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] 2017-01-25 17:14:50,897 Gemini Blueprint context shutdown thread2 WARN [d.example.jira-custom-report-sample.spring]
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] Spring context destroyed : de.example.jira-custom-report-sample id(173) v(1.0.0.SNAPSHOT)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] 2017-01-25 17:14:50,898 QuickReload - Plugin Installer DEBUG [c.a.activeobjects.osgi.ActiveObjectsServiceFactory] onPluginDisabledEvent removing delegate for [de.example.jira-custom-report-sample]
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] 2017-01-25 17:14:50,911 QuickReload - Plugin Installer INFO [c.a.plugin.loaders.ScanningPluginLoader] Removed plugin 'de.example.jira-custom-report-sample'
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] 2017-01-25 17:14:51,013 QuickReload - Plugin Installer INFO [c.a.plugin.util.WaitUntil] Plugins that have yet to be enabled: (2): [de.example.jira-custom-report-sample-tests, de.example.jira-custom-report-sample], 60 seconds remaining
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] 2017-01-25 17:14:51,100 QuickReload - Stable File Watcher INFO [c.a.l.p.quickreload.install.PluginInstaller] ←[33m'jira-custom-report-sample-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT-tests.jar' now appears to be stable (3003530 bytes)←[39m
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] 2017-01-25 17:14:51,101 QuickReload - Stable File Watcher INFO [c.a.l.p.quickreload.install.PluginInstaller] ←[33m'jira-custom-report-sample-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT-tests.jar' is indeed an Atlassian plugin and will be installed shortly...←[39m
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] 2017-01-25 17:14:52,094 QuickReload - Plugin Installer INFO [c.a.l.p.quickreload.install.PluginInstallerMechanic]
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] ^
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] ←[34mA watched plugin never boils!←[33m
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] Quick Reload Finished (1505 ms) - 'jira-custom-report-sample-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar'←[22;39m
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] 2017-01-25 17:14:52,094 QuickReload - Plugin Installer INFO [c.a.l.p.quickreload.install.PluginInstallerMechanic]
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] v
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] ←[1;33mStarting Quick Reload - 'C:\Temp\atlassian\jira-custom-report-sample\target\jira-custom-report-sample-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT-tests.jar'....←[22;39m
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] 2017-01-25 17:14:52,140 QuickReload - Plugin Installer INFO [c.a.plugin.loaders.ScanningPluginLoader] No plugins found to be installed
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] 2017-01-25 17:14:52,625 QuickReload - Plugin Installer INFO [c.a.plugin.manager.DefaultPluginManager] Updating plugin 'de.example.jira-custom-report-sample-tests' from version '1.0.0-SNAPSHOT' to version '1.0.0-SNAPSHOT'
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] 2017-01-25 17:14:52,625 QuickReload - Plugin Installer INFO [c.a.plugin.manager.DefaultPluginManager] Disabling de.example.jira-custom-report-sample-tests
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] 2017-01-25 17:14:52,665 QuickReload - Plugin Installer DEBUG [c.a.activeobjects.osgi.ActiveObjectsServiceFactory] onPluginDisabledEvent removing delegate for [de.example.jira-custom-report-sample-tests]
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] 2017-01-25 17:14:52,706 QuickReload - Plugin Installer INFO [c.a.plugin.loaders.ScanningPluginLoader] Removed plugin 'de.example.jira-custom-report-sample-tests'
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] 2017-01-25 17:14:52,767 QuickReload - Plugin Installer INFO [c.a.plugin.util.WaitUntil] Plugins that have yet to be enabled: (1): [de.example.jira-custom-report-sample-tests], 60 seconds remaining
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] 2017-01-25 17:14:53,820 QuickReload - Plugin Installer INFO [c.a.l.p.quickreload.install.PluginInstallerMechanic]
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] ^
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] ←[36mJust press up arrow!←[33m
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] Quick Reload Finished (1695 ms) - 'jira-custom-report-sample-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT-tests.jar'←[22;39m

- The again navigate to the sample project and click on 'reports'
- open the 'ExampleReport'

I would now expect that the newly added property 'Example Property' show up in the report configuration dialog. At least for me it shows exactly the same page as before.

- Stop the JIRA server via Ctrl-C
- Restart with atlas-run
- Do Step 12-13 again an now the Property 'Example Property' is visible

Do I miss something? I would expect that step 1-13 should be enough. Restarting the server for each litte change is very frustrating.

--

Hopefully that's helpful.

0 votes
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
September 13, 2017

@Eddie Webb I'm sorry that you're encountering errors with the editor -- what error were you running into? We do have some issues with images in discussion posts, so posting as a question might help.

This particular piece of content indeed looks missing -- it should be redirecting to the imported content here, but it is not, @David Corcoran do you have any insight into why the redirect may not be working here?

0 votes
EddieW
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 13, 2017

Oh good, that rant worked..  Just lost about 10 minutes of detailed typing and screenshots for no reason, this new community site pretty much sucks.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events