It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Roadmap and overall feedback for @Atlas Hangouts Chat bot.

My dear Community,

I am product owner of Atlas bot for Hangouts Chat:

@Atlas supports Bitbucket both server and cloud version. It can notify you about builds, branch changes, new comments and more. 

Developing and maintaining a bot is a very refreshing and challenging task and we would like to push it further. This is why I would like to ask you all about next steps on our bot's roadmap and overall shape of our product. I am using a "product" word because, eventually, we will introduce paid subscriptions for @Atlas in some way or another.

Our bot currently serves more than 2k of messages per day and we are already reducing our costs of maintenance by automating all the toolchain we use to produce and maintaining it (hey @Bitbucket thanks for your pipeline tool!). 

We have logged several big changes on the roadmap currently and we are struggling to know whether we have taken a good direction. Please share your thoughts on the following items:

1. We don't consider @Atlas to be Bitbucket only bot, but rather we are planning to have it supported other Atlassian apps: Jira, StatusPage. By integrating more apps in @Atlas we maybe be able to implement cross-product features some other bots could not support, like threading messages from several products by Jira ticket or by sprint. This is why we have placed on a roadmap support for Jira in the first place (server and cloud).  
  2. Nudging and mentions - we will explore mentioning/notifying chat users if they are selected for being code reviewers in Bitbucket pull requests or assigned to Jira tickets. 
  3. Webhooks - we are considering a clever way to show cards (configured by users) on some webhooks created for the chat room. With this feature users could create integration with apps we don't know or could not support.
  4. Cards actions - merge pull straight from the chat room or assign Jira ticket from support room. This is our next feature to consider.

I would like to know your opinion on the matter of paid subscriptions for such bot. In our vision we are rather pursuing model in which we gather small payments  but for the big as possible customer base. Currently we are exploring possibilities to charge each product @Atlas can integrate with separately to allow customers choose what they want to use. 

Having said that I would love to hear some feedback on this. Discussion is welcome, ideas will be logged, and thoughts on how to push our bot forward will be listened :)

Thank you in advance and regards,

Piotr Bojko

Product Owner for @Atlas Hangouts Chat bot.

0 comments

Comment

Community showcase
Published in Feedback & Announcements

Marketplace App Review badge is now live!

If you are one of the thousands of users of a Marketplace app, then you’ll love t his month’s community badge ! All you’ll need to do to receive Novembers challenge badge is leave 2 helpful reviews o...

1,819 views 35 26
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you