Rank the homepage (elements) pretty please?

Kevan Lin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 27, 2017

As a way to understand how you use the community, could you take a few minutes and complete a task? 

You can either click on this link --> Let's rank!

or you can just use the community to log your response - either is fine:

When thinking about the homepage for the Atlassian Community, please rank the following elements (1 to 9, 1 being of top importance and 9 being of the lowest importance):

• Feed of recent activity from all of the community
  • Feed of recent activity from only collections that I'm currently watching
  • List of Atlassian products
  • List of groups I belong to
  • List of interest collections
  • Featured articles
  • Metrics of the community (total members, current members online, total number of posts)
  • A list of popular tags
  • Search bar

Thank you!

2 comments

Comment

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 27, 2017

@Kevan

this would be a lot easier if it was a poll.

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
September 27, 2017

Not sure if he added this after the fact, but you can click "Let's rank" to access the poll!

Kevan Lin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 27, 2017

Totally agree @Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_ - I've added a Google Forms option to make it easier than copying/pasting responses. I was curious to see if we could use the community as a way to capture thoughts. Thanks!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 27, 2017

We could discuss our reasons for our rankings, and publish the results here too.

Kevan Lin
Atlassian Team
September 28, 2017

Would also be great if more people participated in this thread, only 4 so far :( 

Let's try something - @mention at few people you know to help drive up the participation. I'll start @Jack Brickey and @somethingblue

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
September 28, 2017
Gregory Van Den Ham September 28, 2017

on it.  oh, my main profile @Gregory Van Den Ham  ... wow, that is kind of confusing ;)

Gregory Van Den Ham
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 28, 2017

yeah, you're right @Gregory Van Den Ham.. confusing to the max... dang dutch guys with those van den names and the multiple profiles.

Monique vdB
Community Manager
September 28, 2017

This means there are three people in our Van Den Club! I mean two of them are you, but....

I'm also tagging @Peter DeWitt -- I tried earlier but kept typing Peter Van De Witt for some reason....

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 28, 2017

Submitted.  don't forget to like it.

Liz Bedwell September 29, 2017

Thanks for the heads up, submitted answers.

Daniel Eads _unmonitored account_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 29, 2017

@Monique vdB thanks for the @mention... I have a confession to make - not watching discussions or questions in the feedback collection! (feelsbadman) This has since been fixed.

Voted - thanks for polling Kevan!

Monique vdB
Community Manager
September 29, 2017

Thanks everyone! Now everyone go post in some of our Friday fun threads next! :)

Kimberly Deal December 4, 2017

weird...I *just* got notified about the tag!  

Kimberly Deal December 4, 2017

Can't use google forms from the office, and this info might be a touch late, but I've put them into order from top to bottom.

• Search bar
  • List of groups I belong to
  • Featured articles
  • Feed of recent activity from all of the community
  • Feed of recent activity from only collections that I'm currently watching
  • List of interest collections
  • List of Atlassian products
  • Metrics of the community (total members, current members online, total number of posts)
  • A list of popular tags
Monique vdB
Community Manager
December 4, 2017

@Kristi Colvin here is one of our UX threads!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events