Previously answered questions missing answers post migration to Community

Application_Group May 5, 2017

Hi,

I've noticed that some previously answered questions are now missing the answers upon migration to community.

An example of this is the following:

Script Runner - Create a SubTask

I've got corresponding replies on this still siting in my email but can only see the question in community.

Could the Community Team please look into this?

Thanks

Anupam

3 answers

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 20, 2023

I've just seen this happen - the spam filters are clobbering some of your posts.

The one you name here is a good example - I suspect the filters saw your post as a necropost (a tactic a lot of spammers use to try to make their accounts look less spammy)

As a general rule, do not post against anything over six months old unless you genuinely have something new to add to the conversation (and "new" does not include "an advert for my product which might have been useful years ago). 

Necroposting is effectively spam - it emails people who often no longer have any interest and emails people with out-of-date information.  It should be avoided

The CAB is looking at how to curate and clean up old unanswered questions without spamming the authors with messages from decade-old postings and adding indicators for "out-of-date content, please look elsewhere" type things.

0 votes
Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2023

@edwin vasquez still happing.  I'm answering posts, but the answers aren't showing up.

0 votes
edwin vasquez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 7, 2022

Hello,

Just circling back here. I believe this was resolved previously.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events